Notices

This is not good

Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is not good

I have not been here in a while, I thought I could beat this myself. I tried to commit suicide last week and was hospitlaized for it. I feel so week. I am only 25 and this is killing me, I can feel it.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am going to leave today, thank you for all of your help. This disease has beaten me.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please call the hospital or go to the emergency room right away.
Your life is too valuable to waste.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please get the help that you need. You are worth it!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

BT,
Check out this site...it may help. It's not worth it, YOU ARE!

http://suicidehotlines.com/

PR
Old 06-18-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

And this may help too:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-suicidal.html
Old 06-18-2007, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so sick its repulsive, if anyone could see me now I would be ashamed. I am either going to die today or go to the hospital. I am having terrable withdrawls. I am mad and sad at the same time. Im supprised that I can even type. If i could do anything for anyone, I would say dont let this happen to the people you love, if you have a choice. Because I dont know how I mannaged it but at this point, 25 years of age I am drinking a gallon of vodka a day. I can feel my body giving up. This is the most terrible disease that I have ever seen, but unfortunatly I grew up in a bar and saw it ruin a lot of lives.
  # 8 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Hang in there Big, you CAN succeed!
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

never met you before BT, but I've never met anyone here who wasn't worthwhile and capable of beating this thing.
I hope you decide to stay and fight this.

D
Old 06-18-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that u felt so low u attempted suicide. I have been and still am where u are, I have been in hospital at least 5 times in the last year, but something keeps me alive..I was told, its not my time..and I don't believe its ur time either..the suicide attempt failed and has given u a second chance to beat the disease.

Advice i was given, and will share...if I'm feeling suicide, hold off for at 24 hours and try to reach out, look for something postiive - feelings of suicide don't just happen in a minute its normally over a period of time and there's always tomorrow if i'm feeling the same way, but each time I get to that 24 hour mark, revist myself..ask myself do I want to die, or do I want the feelings to stop? I keep going, every minute, every hour I try to find something to distract my thoughts...

u are worth it, u can beat it, but u can't do it alone...keep reaching out, go back to the hospital and ask to speak to an onsite physciatrist.

Sorry I've not helped, i just understand very much how ur feeling.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
let it grow!

please call for emergency help. blessings, k
Old 06-18-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee but its already gone. I cannot do this any more. The hope is gone for me but I hope that all of you succeed. Ive lost so many family members to this I know how it will turn out. On a positive note, I was just awarded a lawsuit for $168,000 for a dog attack and although i am leaving most of it to my parents. I left 10,000 to this website. So good luck to everyone and god bless.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you change your mind and stay BT. It's never too late for hope. I drank 24/7 for 10 years....I'm nearly three months sober now.

D
Old 06-18-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

BT,
Don't do it today, maybe tomorrow, not today please. Please call that number, what can it hurt? Certainly a phone call is easier than suicide...

I only want to help you and I've wanted to die several times in my life, but when I didn't I found things do pass. I'm not experienced in helping others with this situation so I'm afraid of saying something that may make you feel worse, so with that just know that we all care about you.

((((Big Trouble))))

PR
Old 06-18-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

BT, please just call a hospital or walk into A&E or equivalent or call a friend or neighbour just force yourself to reach out.
You are in the grip of alcoholic insanity, you are not yourself but I know there is a part of you that doesn't want to die-please listen to that part and just pick up the phone or get to hospital somehow.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by big trouble View Post
I am so sick its repulsive, if anyone could see me now I would be ashamed. I am either going to die today or go to the hospital. I am having terrable withdrawls. I am mad and sad at the same time. Im supprised that I can even type. If i could do anything for anyone, I would say dont let this happen to the people you love, if you have a choice. Because I dont know how I mannaged it but at this point, 25 years of age I am drinking a gallon of vodka a day. I can feel my body giving up. This is the most terrible disease that I have ever seen, but unfortunatly I grew up in a bar and saw it ruin a lot of lives.

I was also drowning in Vodka! It's been almost 6 months since I have touched the stuff and I feel great. I was drinking everyday for almost 20 yrs! You can do this! You'd be suprised how a visit to the hospital will help. Believe me it's not hell. I actually met some great people.
You are probably having a bad period in your life right now. It will pass. Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue.

You are worth making yourself better!!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

STOP!

No one wants your blood money!

I have known several young men who have commited suicide. I only wish that they were around to see how much in life has changed and would have changed for them

One of these young men was my own 20 year old son.

Read those links and stay safe today. Or go to the hospital now.

You can get help and be happy.

There is a forum here where people have put their stories....look and see how bad it was for them and how much life has changed.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Please Read Bt

We know you are hurting right now, but you don’t have to go through this alone. We want to help u, I understand only too well, how suicidal thoughts are destructive, how u feel empty, u see no future.

PLEASE take a minute or 2 to read thru.....

This contains some suggestions for things you can do right away to help yourself get through the immediate crisis, and have a chance to find other solutions.

Talk to someone
• a crisis line or the Samaritans
• a private therapist, counsellor, or psychologist
• a community mental health team
• a school teacher
• a doctor or psychiatrist
• a religious or spiritual leader
Develop a list of things that you can do when you are in a crisis
=
When you find yourself getting overwhelmed, go down your list and do each thing until you are able to go on. For instance, your list might include:
• Do some breathing exercises. Count to ten while breathing.
• Take a hot bath
• Call a crisis hotline (keep the number with you and by your phone)
• Eat your favourite food
• Watch a movie or TV
• Look through a magazine
• Write down your thoughts, how you could be helped, what you would like to change.
• Call friends or support (keep their numbers with you and by the phone)
• Go for a walk or do some exercise.
Your list should contain as many items that you can think of that help to calm you down, and may not be like the list above at all. The important thing is that it is useful to you.
Avoid using drugs and alcohol when you are feeling desperate or in a crisis
=
Although it is tempting to try to use them to try to numb painful feelings, they can make your emotions more volatile and affect your judgement. Using drugs or alcohol while you are in crisis will greatly increase your risk of hurting or killing yourself impulsively, even though you may not have fully decided to do that.
Give yourself today
=
The option of killing yourself isn’t going to go away. It is a choice you can make tomorrow or next week or next month, if you decide that’s still what you want. When you are feeling so bad that you want to kill yourself, the thought of just surviving the days ahead can seem exhausting, overwhelming, and unbearable. So try to focus on just getting through today, not the rest of your life. Your coping ability is greatly weakened right now. You may not be able to imagine getting through this—but your thoughts can play tricks on you when you are in a crisis.
So don’t try to handle thoughts of the future right now; just make a decision to get through today. Today may be painful, but you can decide to survive it and give some other options a chance, at least for a day.

Remember that however alone you feel, there are people who want to talk with you, who want to help.
Call a crisis line to talk with someone like that right now. The Samaritans are available to talk 24 hours a day. Calls are charged at a local rate and in emergency they may be able to call you back. They can be contacted on:
08457 90 90 90
You can also email them on: [email protected]
Some local Samaritans branches have places where you can drop in and talk to someone face to face. To contact a local Samaritans call the number above or look under Samaritans in the phone book. The Samaritans is a confidential service.
Some mental health services have local crisis lines. You can find out about these by phoning your community mental health team or by phoning a local GP’s surgery. You need not speak to a doctor as the receptionist may be able to help.
A GP should also be available to speak to you 24 hours a day. You should phone the number of your local surgery; however it may not be your GP or one from your surgery that you get to speak to.

For you to fill in:

1. Three people you can call if you are feeling suicidal:

NAME Telephone:

2. Ten things you could do when you are feeling suicidal.

eg: e.g. Call the Samaritans

Sending safe hugs to u if ur allow
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((safe hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hope and understanding)))))))))))))))))))))))

Lost xx
Old 06-18-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
believer

when you come back i want you to know one thing...nothing is worth your pain, forget what traditions of society taught you....you only need to find enough self love to love life and others after..i repeat, nothing is worth you taking your life...remember this..you are a creature of God, there is a road you have in front of you..no matter what you think now, i am telling you, you are worthy.do you believe me? because i am not a lier..and i am telling you the truth...in the lowest time we can't see the light..but i've been there...I KNOW! that what i know right now is how earth is for me..and it's a wonderful place...a month ago i thought of the worse.....i almost...here i am....believe me!
Old 06-18-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

BT.
I am praying that you see this and all the other posts from the people trying to help you in time.

Excactly this time last year I was EXCACTLY where you are right now. The only difference is that someone dragged me of the overpass before I jumped so I thankfully didnt need to go to the hospirtal for any phyical injuries. Mentally though i needed medical attention. I was so far into alcohol, drugs and pills I saw no other way out than to end it all. I COULDNT HAVE BEEN FURTHER THAN THE TRUTH. I didnt think life was worth it, I didnt think I was worth it.
The pain my addictions was causing me was unbearable and i thought there was just no way out. I had absolutely no one in my life and was living in the streets, sick as a dog, broke, and tired.

I would get to use a computer once in a while and I always came here to SR. The people here are the people that saved my life and I hope to god you take their advice and let them help you save yours. They talked me into going to rehab and I fought and fought it, but you know what it saved my life.

I thank God everyday I didnt jump that day and I know if you seek some help someday you will be grateul you hung in there also
PLEASE, PLEASE seek some kind of help, you are worth it and life is worth IT. All of us at SR really care about you, dont forget thatHUgs,
Beth