Notices

I messed up again

Old 06-10-2007, 02:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wants life back

I messed up again

Ok it has took me a week to post this but here it is. Last week I relapsed on alcohol again. I drank and drank alot. I disapointed alot of people but not as bad as myself. I am not taking more steps to help myself by attending meetings and I have a new sponsor plus I will just pick myself up dust myself off and keep on going. My faith in GOD is most important and I know I can do this and I will be ok.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ABT4LIFE View Post
I am not taking more steps to help myself by attending meetings and I have a new sponsor plus I will just pick myself up dust myself off and keep on going. My faith in GOD is most important and I know I can do this and I will be ok.
er..sorry abt4...did you mean 'NOT taking more steps' or 'NOW taking more steps'....

whatever way, I hope you're looking back at what happened and why it happened, and are looking at some kind of programme or fellowship....

best wishes

D
Old 06-10-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I notice you said "again". You may be having multiple relapses because you may still be holding on to your old ideas about drinking. Perhaps you still believe deep down you have another drink left in you. Talk with your sponsor and see if together you can find why you still have these thoughts.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
came-came to-came to believe

I really like and agree with what Peter said-
welcome back and keep coming!
Old 06-10-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep coming back.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Keep in focus....you too can win over alcohol!!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I understand! After eleven years of sobriety, I relapsed, losing everything but my life. I'll get a couple of months of sobriety, and have a one night relapse. I want a life.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wants life back

What Peter said is probably the problem. I do think I am still holding onto some of my old ideas and no they are not working. One of those are some of the people I hang around with, I thought that since I was sober that maybe I can rub off on them and they would come around but they have got to wanna quit I can't make them and that was actually holding me back because I ended up drinking again with them. As much as it hurts I have got to and did let them go.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR Matthew!

Please hang out with us,,,read and ask questions

Glad to see a new member!

Last edited by CarolD; 06-10-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi ABT !!!!

My faith in GOD is most important and I know He can do this and I will be ok.
Fixed it for 'ya

Welcome too Matthew. Thank you for reminding me no matter how much time I might eventully get, I can never take that first drink.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Late stage optimist

Hello, ABT:

What are you doing different today as far as managing your feelings when you crave alcohol? Multiple relapses tells me your tools for managing your situations that trigger your craving alcohol are not working and they need to be modified.

So tell us what you are doing different now?

Why do you feel it will work this time? Is there anything you feel is more important to you now (as far as not drinking) than before you relapsed?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs, abt - recovery is possible. blessings, k
Old 06-11-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ABT - Please WORK the program and keep coming back. You will be amazed. God bless.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

ABT sounds like you are doing more to stay sober, one thing that will help is increasing the size of your network, more phone numbers the merrier and service positions are a huge help for me.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by ABT4LIFE View Post
Last week I relapsed on alcohol again. I drank and drank alot. I disapointed alot of people but not as bad as myself. I am not taking more steps to help myself by attending meetings and I have a new sponsor plus I will just pick myself up dust myself off and keep on going. My faith in GOD is most important and I know I can do this and I will be ok.
I've come to believe that when we continually relapse it becomes a slip, or Sobriety Loses Its Priority. We're simply in between drinks.

I also don't believe that God wants me to pick up again. His will is for me to carry the message of recovery to others, not to live life according to my will. My will brought me to AA, and it can take me right back out.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

"Messed up"? I think not. Maybe if you kept it to yourself, you just might have "messed up".

To me, every experience in life is a chance to learn and a chance grow as a person. As long as you take it as a that type of experience, then it's not moving backwards in life, but forwards.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
wants life back

Just a quick update. I am still sober and feeling pretty good. Getting ready to send my sponsor an email, and I have alot of life changing projects coming up in the next week and I will update again on those. Thank you everyone for the support, it means a lot to me.