Notices

Scared!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How did it go?

I was told to pray beforehand and get sober by the bottom of the hour. I was petrified the first time but after that it got to be fun.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

hi guys! it went really, really well last night! i was funny, and a bunch of people came up to me after the meeting to give me hugs and thank yous, and it was amazing. i started with "well, most of you are my buddies, so you've already heard bits and pieces of my story... some bigger pieces than others" cause my BFF jamie was there, and she knows it all. and, i ended with how much i love AA and how it saved my life, then taught me how to keep saving my life, and how sweaty i was. so, i ended on a high note. i cannot thank you all enough for the love and support i receive here, it's truly a blessing. thank you all so much, my SR fam was in my head and i wish y'all coulda been there.

thanks again and again, you fabulous people.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Wohoo!!! Good job, I have heard quite a few speakers say that their story changes with time, what they may not have shared one time they will share the next time because it is where they are at in thier sobriety and in their step work.

So did you just go with the flow?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

i did, i went with the vibe of the room... told my story, invited God, and guess what? He showed up! and, i looked nice, out of respect for AA.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Emimily I'm glad that you it went well. I went to a meeting last night too. It was not an AA meeting but a CODA meeting it was a start I was scared but I knew you were out there somewhere helping someone so I sat and listened and decided to be the person asking for help. So thanks. And I'm so glad it turned out for you. Thats just neato. And you helped me more than you know. You speaking helpd me get off my butt.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

once, that means so much to me, thank you SO much! really, i can't thank you enough for thinking of me... you guys are amazing, this support network is really incredible. even when i get into my mean-eyes moments, the love and tolerance is there. that's what inspires me, really. thank you again, thank you thank you!