Notices

Am I strong enough?

Old 05-31-2007, 02:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I strong enough?

good morning all....I am leaving tomorrow for north carolina....for a four day trip with my family....my nephew is getting married.I am concerned about the alcohol,which will be flowly freely.....and my resolve to stay sober...i did talk to my brother,after he asked me,"So, are you going to be GOOD when we're down south,or are you going to relax and have a good time?"I just said,"I PLAN on doing both...."He then said,"just don't go crazy.....you can have a few...it's a celebration"...So....
The alcohol is only one of my concerns....i have been having anxiety attacks lately,mainly when i have to deal with people.....people i don't know...well,there will be alot of people i don't know there...and,in the past,i would drink through those feelings,to,"loosen up".....with the help of my therapist,i am learning new(sober) ways of dealing with that fear and anxiety.....my doc prescribed Xanax for me,just incase i feel i need it...hope i don't need it,but i will use it if absolutely neccessary....
So,wish me luck,guys....I am looking forward to the vacation,it will be nice to get away for awhile...and i can only pray for strength and for courage....i will let you all know how it went when i get back.....bye for now...KT
Old 05-31-2007, 02:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Keep in mind that you need to have plans in place. Do not be dependant on some one for a ride, be able to leave when you want/need to. There is nothing wrong with pouring a coke in a glass instead of drinking it out of the can. I think you will be amazed when some one ask you if you want a drink when you tell them "No thanks, I already have one." (The coke in your hand).

If you tell some one you quit drinking I think you will be surprised at how many people will think more of you and not less. Another thing you should do is not pay attention to how many people are drinking, check out how many are not drinking! You will be amazed.... I was! Funny thing, when I was drinking I always thought every one else was to, man was I wrong!
Old 05-31-2007, 02:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

****{Karrotop}}}

You're gonna be just fine, hon.
Have your plan in place and stick with it.

Taz gave you good advice!

You didn't get 'em a toaster, did you?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

You didn't get 'em a toaster, did you?
LOL

No he should get them a coffee maker!
Old 06-05-2007, 12:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

it was just me.......

I think I was the only one not drinking at THIS wedding......but it was all good.....