Notices

My husband wants me to fail....

Old 05-16-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hope3

Dear Lacey, I have read a lot of your posts, and share a kindread

spirit of beautiful pictures. I see you as a warm, considerate, person with

a lot to give to the world, and anyone around you, like me, (when we are sober)

are a lucky person....we are beautiful people that happen to alcoholics. We are not just alcoholics, we are human flesh with love and hope.

Eleanor Roosevelt said: "no one can make us feel inferior, without our permission"

Keep up the good work, and keep looking for the beauty in this world, it's there..

Your friend in recovery, Hope3
Old 05-16-2007, 07:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tess37 View Post
hey taz, I tried the tactic of leaving the pamphet just "laying around" where he could find it.... he found it, and there it sat. *sigh*

Usually works about as well for us codies as us leaving similar pamphlets around about AA or alcoholism for the active alcoholic.....once and a while,it might be read but usually the denial is about as strong. Believe it or not, we often do not know any better,either. I find it is usually easier to see something in someone else than I do in myself and of course musch easier for someone else to do the work!

Keep your focus on you and your recovery and let him have a chance to do the same for himself. JMHO
Old 05-17-2007, 02:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The question here Lacey is how much do you want to get sober and enjoy the new life sobriety can give you? It's not up to your husband whether or not you succeed, it's up to you. I'd use his attitude in a positive way. I'd get sober in spite of him and if he wants to get on the bandwagon with me, fine! If not, I'd leave him in my dust. It's your life you're dealing with not his. He has choices too. He can either love and support, or not. You can't force him to do either one. Just take care of yourself.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Lacey you have the right attitude, focus on your recovery, if he wants to recover he will.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

lacy, congrats on your not drinking time...

i had to not let, anyone or anything stand in my way of reaching for my recovery goals... including loved ones... it was hard... the rewards are way worth it... and more then i could have dreamed...

all good wishes to you lacy...

xxoo, rz