Notices

The Priory

Old 05-11-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Priory

My husband has hit rock bottom, hes a wreck and has said he wants help, we have booked him into the Priory in England with his say so, hes had enough of trying to cope on his own, has anyone been to rehab or this one in particular, hes going for 6 weeks, cost a fortune but you cant put a price on a life.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well that is some good news. I hope he makes every effort to beat this disease.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I did a 5 day detox, they told me before I got out of detox that if I wanted long term sobriety my best chance at it was as soon as I got out of detox was to go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days and get a sponsor. Well after drinking for 40 years alcohol had kicked my bumm (I used that word because I noticed you were British LOL) really bad and I was scared to death I would relapse as soon as I got out of detox, so I immediately started going to AA meetings until my IIOP started a week after I got out of detox.

I went to my first IIOP session which was a one on one session and after speaking with the councilor he asked me did I think AA was doing okay or did I think I needed IIOP for a while. I asked him if I could do IIOP later if I needed it to which he said yes.

Well I told him that AA and my sponsor seemed to be giving me what I needed right then and I asked him what he thought, he said considering how much and for how long I had drank he felt I was doing great, so I never went back.

Thanks to the AA fellowship, the 12 steps, my sponsor, and my HP not only am I sober for 7 1/2 months I am a far better person and happier then I have been in at least 30 years.

Your husband deciding he needs help is key, the vast majority of alcoholics do not do very well if they are forced into rehab or are going into rehab because some one else begged them to go. I was liked that, I had family begging me for years to stop or cut back and I just kept on drinking.

You should see if you can get him to post questions here before rehab.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

my daughter is in her 2nd rehab experience. time well spent. hope your husband is grateful for help he gets. and that you find peace in your life, mysecret. his rehab is your chance also - to rest and recover. so take good advantage of it. blessings, k
Old 05-12-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He'll only get out what he puts in. One can only hope that he'll be accepting to what this rehab has to offer and take away very valuable skills/tools for living life sober.