Notices

paroxetine/paxil for anxiety

Old 05-11-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Determined

Question paroxetine/paxil for anxiety

Hi
Well back from the docs, he has said he feels I should continue with the inderal and valium for at least another two weeks, but he stressed he does not want me to take the valium long term (which I guess is good) he says the dosage and the number of tabs he has prescribed would make it very difficult for me to become addicted to thenm and they might just take the edge of potentially explosive situations. ANd if I want to take 2 Inderal a day. He also gave me a script for paroxetine (which I am a bit scared about!!!) - he explained all the bad side effects and wants me to phone him if I start to feel any of the bad stuff , but he did say that within 2 to 3 weeks if they work for me I will really notice a difference.

He asked me loads of questions about holidays the weekend family work etc and said I am not depressed just suffering from acute anxiety. He also gave me a prescription for a book - yes a prescription for a book!!! - didnt know this was possible. I have to take it to a local library and they will make sure I get a suitable book about controlling anxiety - and it won't cost me £10+!!! Anyone any ideas of good reads.

I am also thinking about hypnotherapy or similar - any views

Still feel like lots of wine

This sucks!!!!

Watching tv and reading SR - 1st weekend......ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I have found getting together with people who have the same problem I have, most of whom have now been sober longer then me is a tremendous help. Being with people who know exactly what it feels like to be wanting a drink so bad they can taste it, yet today many of them, my self included now, could care less if they ever have another one is comforting, it is so good to know I am not alone in this battle.

There are people who have recovered from alcoholism that are willing to freely share thier experience, strength and hope with me of how they recovered from alcoholism. To not be alone and to be in a group of people where I feel that for once in my life I belong is exciting.

Cyberwolf it does get better with time.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Determined

thank you!