Notices

No AA meetings for 2 weeks...

Old 05-20-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
cunning. baffling. powerful.

Originally Posted by chip View Post
Could it be Kurt is causing your problems with AA?
Well, I don't think it's AA that's the problem so... yes, it must be me.

I'm just looking for the thing I can change, and since it's not meetings or the people in them, it has to be me and what I do. Maybe a break will help, maybe it won't. I should at least find out.

Thanks,
~SK~
Old 05-20-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I just had a thought, you say insomnia is your problem ?

Remember the old axiom, just because A exisits, B exsists, and C exisits, doesn't mean that A and B cause C. What I'm saying is AA prolly isn't the cause of your insomnia.

Inssomnia is very common among recovering alcoholics. Read up on PAWS. Personally, I suffered from it for 6 months after I sobered up. I have 7 months now and can actually fall asleep without waking up an hour later.

I know it's cliche, but remember "no one ever died from lack of sleep"
Old 05-21-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I kind of feel like I'm letting everyone down, but I don't know how else to handle it. This is the first time I've feel sick and tired of being sick and tired and ... I'm really sick and tired of it.
I call BS!!!!!

Kurt my friend you are letting no one down, not even your self!

Look my dad was an alcoholic who quit and stayed quit with out AA, my disease progressed quit a bit beyond his before I quit, I love AA, I love working with other alcoholics, I love being a sponsor....... but that is Martin, that is what works for Martin.

Kurt you really sound like you are doing well now and it also sounds as though you are working an AA program but for some reason the meetings them selfs are causing you stress. Notice I said you, man you are letting no one down.

If you are doing well and staying sober and happy, keep doing what you are doing right now. Things change with time, if you are like me you are going to experience a huge change for the better once you finish step 5.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
cunning. baffling. powerful.

Originally Posted by GlassPrisoner View Post
I just had a thought, you say insomnia is your problem ?

Remember the old axiom, just because A exisits, B exsists, and C exisits, doesn't mean that A and B cause C. What I'm saying is AA prolly isn't the cause of your insomnia.

Inssomnia is very common among recovering alcoholics. Read up on PAWS. Personally, I suffered from it for 6 months after I sobered up. I have 7 months now and can actually fall asleep without waking up an hour later.

I know it's cliche, but remember "no one ever died from lack of sleep"
I read a book about PAWS and I'd say you were on to something except my very first post that started this thread was about how stopping AA meetings for 2 weeks made my insomnia go away instantly - despite the fact I was under a lot of stress with the end of school and I was trying to figure out what the deal was.

No meetings = normal sleep. I return to going to meetings = insomnia. You're right that the two may have nothing to do with each other, but I haven't found anything else that correlates as well.

And as for letting people down - I feel pretty good myself, but I made friends in AA and now it's hard to talk to them for all the dire warnings of "You're going to die out there! You've got to start coming to meetings again!"

I don't know... Why does alcohol have to be such a big deal? Why can't we just be people and hang out without talking or thinking about it? That's really all I want to do.

~SK~