Notices

I need help

Old 05-14-2003, 12:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

Happy Wednesday!

Hi everyone and thanks so much for all or your positive notes. It helps so much. I had a great Mothers Day and, hallelujah, we have made it for an entire week!!! Yippee! I was so happy I patted myself on the back, smile. It has been kind of a rough week, I won't lie, but each night when I go to bed I am so glad to have made it all the way through the day sober.

I did want to ask anyone who has ever been on the antabuse a question... did this medication make you feel tired and kind of foggy sometimes? It seems like I get really really tired while taking it, however I still think it is better than the alternative of drinking. I'm hoping it will pass as I am on it for a while.

Well, I am sending great thought to all of you and thanking you for your support of me. It's a beautiful day here and I'm going to enjoy it!

Hugs, Colleen
Old 05-14-2003, 12:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

ColleenP, I am on antabuse right now. I have not felt tired and groggy, and that is after three weeks of it. I did notice that I got a severe headache and fatigue after getting a one hour body massage where the therapist used a massage oil with alcohol in it. Make sure you do not use colognes or deoderant containing alcohol. Maybe that would make you feel tired.

One month sobriety tomorrow!
Old 05-14-2003, 04:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

Way to go Lee, a month pat on the back going to you.

Maybe the tiredness is just my body adjusting or something. I am going to stick with it for now and see what happens. I have been watching things with alcohol and luckily haven't run into any problems.

You have a great week and hang in there, Colleen
Old 05-14-2003, 06:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Paused

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to you Colleen on week one, if you can make it one week, you can make it two, and so on, and so on. Of course it's easier to imagine the weeks of sobriety rolling by, if we do so one day at a time, right?

This is the end of day eight for me, and I can't remember when I've felt better.

I'm glad to have each of you, as I travel along a road I never imagined I'd be able to take.

Thanks for being here.-S. Forge
Old 05-14-2003, 08:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((((((((Group Hug)))))))))))))))))))))))

Peter.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Chy

Coleen, sforge,

Pats on the back to us as we head through day 9. I am taking the big step by going to my first AA meeting tonight!.. *shivers*

Coleen, I am not on antabuse and have been overwhelmingly tired! I am sleeping ok, but I must admit come home exhausted. I thought I was just mentally exhauseted because of my mind racing 24/7 about staying sober. Each sober day has given me so much in my life I was missing by the self induced fog. So I"ll get through the "sleepies" before I take that first drink.

Good luck today! We can do it.

*thinks of Helen Reddy Song* " I am woman, I am invincible , I am strong...."