Notices

My "BIG PLAN"...

Old 05-02-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Pat,

Glad to hear you are doing so well! I can really relate to the part about enjoying your kids.

Keep it up, and dont worry about the food for now, one thing at a time.

Steve
Old 05-02-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Smile Hi Homer

Hey, you don't know me because normally I am on the "family and friends" board but today I decided to look around because I am new to this stuff and I wanted to see what this forum had to offer.

I just wanted to let you know that I think you are doing a terrific job with something that is so hard. I also wanted to let you know that instead of taking the anti-buse which I heard can make you real sick, you should take the campral. My ABF just started to take it and not only has it not made him sick, it actually works. I am not saying that it's a cure all but it certainly does help. Instead of him craving and having no energy it actually perks him up so that he is productive through out the day.

I really wish you all the best in fighting your demons and I wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you. You can do this. Lisa
Old 05-02-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
On a tear

Im off to p/u my food,its not a lowfat low cal dinner BUT,who the hek cares right now,not me.Later
Excellent! One thing at a time... use WHATEVER tools you have available to you. There are as many ways to quit drinking as there are ways to continue drinking.

I admire your continued desire and tenacity to get and stay sober.

(((Patrick)))
Old 05-02-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
let it grow!

keep up the good work, homer. signed - the cheering squad
Old 05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Hope3

So glad you were able to enjoy your sons baseball game, and

dream of italian food...................I'm behind you all the way....

hope3
Old 05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey Patrick - time to check in - how is it going tonight?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

the day went much better than last 3,ive kept busy all day,still not quite right in the mind but getting better.Plan on doing some reading up in bed soon,then hopefully get another good night sleep.Im thirsty right now,not for beer,just thirsty,may head to store and get a cold sweet soda or juice,or maybe just guzzle some water.Ill check in on the laptop when Im up in my cozy bed LOL
Old 05-02-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Right on!

Welcome to Day 4! Glad you're starting to get some relief from the physical symptoms. Will look for you later.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Way to go Homer! Glad to hear today is a better day, good for you Those trips to the store or gas station were hard for me at first because of the rows of you know what staring at me from the cooler; I found it best to stock up on that stuff like ginger ale so I didn't have the temptation so much. Keep up the good work. Remember you can also always call your local AA office and get phone numbers of local AA people too, so you will know some recovering alcoholics in your community, who might be able to meet you at an AA meeting. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thumbs up

Hi Homer . Sounding good... how's it going for you today? Your post about your sons baseball game and dinner is what it's all about .
Old 05-03-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Homer,

I am sooooo proud of you! You really are inspiring me to stay sober.

Carol
Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

hey you
well done - i NEVER used to be interested in sugar - I am now totally addcited - terribly upsetting...but it's better than drinking!!! Keep going...use what's availabley31
x
Old 05-03-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Patrick , how's it going ?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

How are you doing Homer????

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1178217767
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Stoned on catnip.jpg (27.2 KB, 984 views)
Old 05-03-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey Homer -

I'll bet your son was so, so proud to have his father there to watch his game!! Eat and drink what ever sounds good to you (as long as it is non-alcoholic!!)

How is today going for you??

TinLizzy
Old 05-03-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Couldnt make it here earlier as we had a water main break since early this afternoon,so I been busy but not the leisure busy I was hopin for.I was at docs office when I got called back in.I started campral tonight,doc said its very new but had good results with other alcoholics.My blood pressure lowest its been in years,thats so amazing to me.I did go back up 7 lbs tho,so the weight loss I had was probably just water,kinda bummed but,but,but? OK i went to red lobster and ate tons of food,guess Im just gonna concentrate on not drinking.Food is very comforting right now,but its not scarring my liver and causing trouble so Im gona put the food diet on back burner for now.Still no callbacks from therapists,what a letdown!!!!! Im gonna have to pay now out of pocket because my insurance list just contains "buisness" people who have no hearts,my opinion.Im calling it early night cuz Im exhausted so Ill be in touch on the campral results soon,if any.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

That money you may have to pay out of pocket for therapy .. would you even think twice about spending it on booze?
Just a little perspective - I'm pulling for you, Patrick, and hope that the Campral gives you some relief.

Rowan
Old 05-03-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Homer, when I got sober I was very hungry. My body needed the nutriants I had been denying it for so long.

Right now you need food. Real food.

Good to see you trying Pat. I really do hope you make it.

Ted
Old 05-03-2007, 11:46 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

hey patrick, I've been watching you for over a year and it makes me sad to see you suffer. I'm so happy though to see you making a worthwhile effort right now. I hope the Campral works so that you don't give up when the going gets tough (which it probably will so don't be surprised, be ready).

Be prepared. Arm yourself with a meeting schedule, phone numbers, a list of things you can do when your edgy or ancy, a notebook to write down your feelings, some literature about alcoholism, maybe even print out some of your posts - this collection is called a "toolbox" and really helps. Maybe a stay at rehab will be the best way for you to experience 30, 60, or 90 sober days. Or of course you could try the old stand by - AA.

Prayers sent your way!
Old 05-04-2007, 02:51 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Or of course you could try the old stand by - AA.
What? That cost nothing, you get tons of help hearing how alcoholics stay sober, you make new friends, you get a network of people who understand you because they have been right where you are at, you get a network of people that you can call at any time of the day if you feel you just have to have a drink, people who care about you! Are you crazy? If somebody did that they just might stay sober and become a better happier person!!! LOL

Patrick, glad to hear that the doctors visit went well, hopefully the campral will help with the cravings, please keep in mind though that simply not drinking is only a beginning to staying stopped. BTW did the doctor do any blood work to check out your liver? I was really surprised that after 40 years of drinking I had not totally fried my liver, I was close though, I was diagnosed with a "Fatty Liver" which is a precursor to cirrosis of the liver. I was retested 90 days after I quit and all my liver enzymes had returned to normal. The size of my liver is still shrinking back towards normal with over 7 months sober. Heck my beer gut is almost gone and I do not exercise....... yet! LOL