Notices

tryin..

Old 04-29-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tryin..

I've somehow managed not to have a drink, its now 9:30 and the pains the stomach are getting worse, my chest is getting tighter, I can't stop being sick, I can't eat, i'm shaking, my heads all foggy, hot and cold sweats I actualy feel worse. I went out and brought a bottle of vodka, i've not drunk it and feel guilty that I brought it. I'm really striggling not to drink it, i don't want to sleep cause all day when I dose off i;m shaken awake, and sceaming out. why does it have to be so difficult I feel emotionally drained, physically exhausted. Have I done too much damage.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think you've done too much damage LC...it sounds like an anxiety attack...I try and recognise it for what it is...just a fear reaction, and try and breathe through it and know that it can't really hurt me...it's not fun, but it does eventually pass

thinking of you
D
Old 04-29-2007, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

now 9:30 and the pains the stomach are getting worse, my chest is getting tighter,
Please give your physician a call... better safe than sorry. ((hugs))
Old 04-29-2007, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No you have not done too much damage, but if you are going to self detox I hope you have somebody sober staying with you through this.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Lost child,

Im so sorry youre having such a rough time. Dont pick up the bottle, pour it out, throw it out... Keep the plug in the Jug. Every day will get a little easier, i promise. It has for me...Prayers coming your way,

A
Old 04-29-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Lost Child,

First of all, I want to say that it's awesome that you have decided to get sober.

It's a rough road for a few days.

Have you seen your doctor about this? Do you have somebody sober near you to help you if you need help?

Detoxing alone is tough business.

I hope you can dump the vodka down the drain. Keep posting, k? My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. The rough part will pass, and you will be in the clear soon..... Hang in there! You are not alone.....
chip
Old 04-29-2007, 10:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm not going to suggest unsupervised de-tox. It's dangerous. You can stroke out, have a heart attack, or go into convulsions. Call a Doctor and/or have someone with you ready to call 911.

That said, I've done it. Others have too. It's probably the worst experience I've ever been through. Everything you described, and then some. Well, the hallucinations were kinda fun, but I'm an old 'tripper'.

Hang on tight, it's gonna be a hell of a ride, one you won't soon forget. Or, maybe you will, and try it again. I did at least 1/2 dozen times.

The good news is you don't ever have to go through this again.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Look I am very happy you are trying to stop, please call a doctor though, alcohol withdrawals in some cases can kill a person with out medical supervision.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Lost -

How are you doing today? I agree with all the advice here!! I hope that you had a chance to call your doctor, or at a minimum have someone sober with you who is able to call for help if necessary.

That said, I am so happy for you in your decision to stop drinking. In just a few days, you'll feel better that ever!

TinLizzy