Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

i disagree with "letting them hit their bottom"....

Notices

i disagree with "letting them hit their bottom"....

Old 05-03-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

"If he is sincerely interested and wants to see you again, ask him to read this book in the interval. After doing that, he must decide for himself whether he wants to go on. He should not be pushed or prodded by you, his wife, or his friends. If he is to find God, the desire must come from within. "

This quote reminds me of a woman I used to know in meetings at home, who went in and out in and out in and out. Each time coming in after relapsing crying about it, just in agony. I meant this went on for two or three years at least. I moved away from town and when I came back J. had several years of sobriety; she had made it, and she was one of the ones that everyone had given up on. Of course coming to this website is a little different than coming to a meeting. I don't know, this thread has made me think about a lot of things so it has been helpful for me to read through. Of course this website isn't exactly AA, even though there are AA meetings online that people can google and be a part of if.

This thread is actually a lot like an AA meeting, in my experience. There are the hardliners and the softies and everyone in between, and somehow the message gets across to the person that needs it.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:17 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I had no where else to turn. and that is EXACTLY what I needed.
Yup, I kept trying to do it myself or my way, until I ran out of options. We can be a stubborn lot, can't we ?