Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

i disagree with "letting them hit their bottom"....

Notices

i disagree with "letting them hit their bottom"....

Old 04-27-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

ahahha

tazman,are u kidding me??????? i sure the hell hope so,now u gettin under ma fromunda!!!!! listen,o sober one,go ask YO momma how to be a man,i think i made myself pretty funkn clear here and you post some dumbazz comment like that??? funk u dude,dont be a penis to me,ok?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

and i do beleive i have every rite to my last post,where da hell u in recovery? id really like to know,cuz ya been flappin ya gums way too much,"ya talk tooo much"!!!! listen more
Old 04-27-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ya following directions? huh? HUH? yup hostility brought on by this thread just like i knew it would,too many ferkin heroes that talk too much and dont listen
Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

i think it is too ez now for me to just hrow my arms up and drink,
That's good Patrick. You'll now progress quicker, and will start to REALLY FEEL the consequences of your actions.

We don't give up on the alkie and/or addict, we just STOP ENABLING. We don't call in sick for them anymore. We don't keep their supper warm any more, we let them sleep where they fall, and leave them to sleep in their own vomit and urine.

Pretty soon Patrick your wife may even stop doing your laundry, and then one day want you to leave.

Just keep drinking Patrick and the progression will speed up. Music and Anna both made excellent points, each of us has only so much time in a day, thus we must use it to work with those that WANT help. That includes your own family and friends.

what im feeling is frig it,i may as well just keep drinking cuz most of me isnt scared of death in my clouded up mind.
Now that is as good an excuse as any I have heard to keep drinking. Maybe I should try and dig out that Calendar I have from years ago, it has an excuse for every day of the year to drink. I can send it to you if you don't already have enough excuses.

Patrick, we know as well as you do, that NO ONE can make you drink and NO ONE can make you stop, EXCEPT YOU.

You know what you need to do. When are you going to do it?

Love and hugs,
Old 04-27-2007, 03:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

laurie,u have always made sense to me,i know ya been here in HELL just like me,and some how u always make me feel calmer,ill just listen now
Old 04-27-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

laurie,u gonna be my 1st call,ok? not sure if i still have ya # but when im ready im calling you,if ok?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Fine by me, but remember I got here the HARD WAY I died, so I am pretty damn serious about sobriety.

Love and hugs,
Old 04-27-2007, 03:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
On a tear

Patrick...

I haven't been where you are, I am a "high-bottom" drunk I guess... and I believe, in my heart, it was only luck that allowed that to happen for me.

But I go to lots and lots of meetings. Sometimes I hear addicts and other alkies tell me they lost things... homes, cars, jobs, wives, friends, relationships.

They mention that because they get those things back when they get sober.

It takes what it takes, Homer.

I can't remember - have you done an inpatient treatment, yet? Could be you just need some concentrated stuff for a bit. But no one can "make you".

I found out I can slow down my loved one's recovery process... but I can't speed it up. I presume the same is true for you.

I wish you the best.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by IMHomerSimpson View Post
music.... u are right BUT i dont wanna hear it.
I have not given up on you. I just get tired of repeating myself and know that when you reach the point of wanting to hear it...you will ask and listen.
Saving my breath is not the same as giving up on you.
When you are ready to accept the truth...I will be here and answer if I am still around.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Resentment Building

Homer - I'm just making this up in my head - but a do beleive you will get it one day - after your completely demoralising bad as hell rock bottom - I think everyone has them - just to the degree of your tollerance or intollerance is the question.

I'll throw one up there to the big fella for ya tonight.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by BigSis View Post
Sometimes I hear addicts and other alkies tell me they lost things... homes, cars, jobs, wives, friends, relationships.

They mention that because they get those things back when they get sober.
I like to think that I didn't lose those things, I gave them away every time I picked up a drink. I earn the right to have them back by staying sober and embracing a program of recovery. It's a lot of hard work, worth every bit of effort and drop of sweat.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

i care...but talking to a drunk it piontless, cuz you're not going to remember it
and it gets all twisted up in there...
yeah...I'll follow direction...the BB say I shold move on to others.

anywho..the stories gose...BW tried and tried and tire again to get other
people sober and everyone of them didn't get sober.
He came home oneday and was kind of down and thought all this
AA was bs...
His wife said "but you're sober..."
Works like that for me too....
Old 04-27-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hope you can find some answers, homer. and peace. k
Old 04-27-2007, 04:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

i reda EVERY post and and and? im gonna not drink tomorrow,ok,tomorrow i will nmot drink for yall ppl,but thats too ez,its the 2 and 3 and 4 and 8 day i cant do it,freg it im out,i will not drink tomorrow but will stop here to harrasss you people
Old 04-27-2007, 04:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Homer if your harrassing me will keep you from drinking...My PM box will remain open to you every day.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

i reda EVERY post and and and? im gonna not drink tomorrow,ok,tomorrow i will nmot drink for yall ppl,but thats too ez,its the 2 and 3 and 4 and 8 day i cant do it,freg it im out,i will not drink tomorrow but will stop here to harrasss you people
Pat
I'm no saint and I'm no preacher...I drank basically every day for 15 years, drinking until I was unconscious...but I'm three weeks sober now...

trust me, the '2 and 3 and 4 and 8 day thing' comes from waking up one day and saying 'I will not drink today' and then making the same vow again tomorrow and the the day after that, and the day after that...

it ain't rocket science...but you really do have to want it, and I mean REALLY want it....

and, hey, Pat, I don't know you or most of the people here, but it's pretty clear to me from reading, they're being tough on ya cos they care...try to remember that...they're good people...

and keep posting...you're good people too !
D
Old 04-27-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It's not giving up on us Homer. Thats just how it feels when we get wrapped up in our self pity. We can't use & abuse, and have our mentality all over the map, and assume we have some sort of grasp on reality.

The alcoholic ego. A much bigger problem than anything "they" might do to us.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Don't drink for you Homer... and do come by to harass us . If you do that everyday you'll be good to go.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

So Pat, what would you do if you posted a message here and no-one answered you......
Old 04-27-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thanks Goodness Homer for a while there I wondered why anyone would talk to you but now you sound like you are worth it - go for it Homer - wish you success!