Notices

heart scares

Old 04-27-2007, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

heart scares

my AH was admited to to hospital again this morning last time was in jan and he has made much progress since then but still not really into AA properly but I think he is coming round to it and seein gits the only way rather than his way. I am worried for him however I had to leave for my own sanity I couldnt stay and say "there there" again so I detached and actually dont feel bad about it, I currently dont know if he had a heart attack as he put it, I think just a combination of drink and coke and junk food is to blame but with each scare like this I do worry he could damage his heart..........has anyone else had these scare and been admited to hospital many times?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

If your AH is still using he has made no progress, and if you are helping him in any way you are hurting him.

He will never start on the path to recovery until you and every one else helping him stops helping him and lets him fall on his own sword.

I did not stop until I knew all my help was going away and I saw I had a choice, quit drinking or die.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcohol can cause a myriad of problems with the heart. I have premature atrial contractions that are made worse ( a lot worse) with alcohol. They can be very scary. Other triggers are caffine, stress, fever etc. Alcohol can permently damage the conductors in the heart. I am no doctor and do not pretend to diagnose you AH's situation but I do know that alcohol will make any heart problem worse. Since my abstince my heart problems have gotten better (not resolved). If he keeps drinking it can only get worse but as Taz said that is up to him.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
IO Storm

You are married so you can obtain the medical info from his

physician. Sorry, but he may not be honest, just scared.

These things are so hard...my advice is...talk to the doctor

but remain detached in love from hubby....for your own

sake.

Prayers....

Love,

Sherry
Old 04-29-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

he had a minor heart attack due to a binge on coke and vodka
Old 04-29-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Sorry to hear that Jen, hope fully this will get him into real recovery and not pretend recovery to make you happy.

Trust me, I went into recovery 100's of times with both of my wifes!!! Just to keep them from griping at me.