Notices

hi all

Old 04-25-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
step by step

hi all

hi all, hope everyones doing fine, sorry haven't posted for a bit have been really busy!

after the first six months of my sobriety i decided to go back college and have crammed a lot in in two yeas, i've done psychology courses, counselling, a steps programme, which helped me with my self esteem, parenting programmes, english and maths, word and text processing.

i'm now in the process of looking for work!!!!

this afternoon i have got go a presentation to pick up a certificate at my sons school, i recently finished a course with my son which helped me move forward from my past, i'm really nervous and proud and i'm sure my son will be.

i wouldn't have achieved all this if i'd been drinking still, i wouldn't swap my drinking days and the experiences i've had (good or bad) as its whats helped make me the person i am today, i don't want to appear big headed as thats definitely not me, but i am really proud of myself today!!!!!!!

two and a half years back i would never have achieved what i have now!!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your experience, strength, and hope with us, Rusty. It's proof that if you work hard, and do what's required, it's possible to get well, and yes, to thrive. Well done.

Rowan
Old 04-25-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats Rusty and thanks for sharing.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Rusty,

Yes sobriety is a wonderful way to live...When you can get past the hard times without a drink, the self worth one has is priceless.

Thanks for sharing...
Old 04-25-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
step by step

hi missymae, getting past the hard times is extremely difficult without the alcohol, this past six months have been really testing times, loads of things have gone wrong, i moved home six months back, i wasn't running away i just wanted a fresh start, my partner whom passed away lived with me at my last home and it was driving me mad. the house i moved too has had to be gutted, it was a really upsetting time and very stressful, i've managed hold onto my sobriety and self belief and have made this new house my home, its looking better each day. i've picked my certificate up, had a few photos and my son stood proud by my side. thats what keeps me going.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rusty443 View Post
hi missymae, getting past the hard times is extremely difficult without the alcohol, this past six months have been really testing times, loads of things have gone wrong, i moved home six months back, i wasn't running away i just wanted a fresh start, my partner whom passed away lived with me at my last home and it was driving me mad. the house i moved too has had to be gutted, it was a really upsetting time and very stressful, i've managed hold onto my sobriety and self belief and have made this new house my home, its looking better each day. i've picked my certificate up, had a few photos and my son stood proud by my side. thats what keeps me going.
It looks like you have made a lot of progress in six months...Best of all, you have done it without a drink...
Old 04-25-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WOW!!! You are doing fantastic! It is quite inspirational to a noob. Best of luck to you, and keep it up!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Well done!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done indeed Rusty.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

that's awesome Rusty, cudos to you. Take pride in your accomplishments and revel in them, just don't become over confident as a result of success. Instead seek humility and service work. You will do great and help a lot of people.

Peace, Levi
Old 04-26-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Way to go Rusty!!!!

I knew you had it in you.

Keep doing what you are doing......

Love,

Sherry