Notices

Getting disillusioned about sr

Old 04-22-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by chrisj728 View Post
hey hope!! this board is turnig into a zip fetish heaven,i like the piercing as well!
takes me bak 2 late 70's and punk rock fever.
Stones!! you ent lonley man your just denying the fact that you can escape from the place your at now, drop stubbon pride and start your life all over again you can be someone. We'd all like to be swimming in guitar shaped pools as weller once said!

chris
Chris,

So true. Being mired in self-pity only reminds me of something that someone told me years ago when someone was complaining and whining in an AA meeting. He said "Get off the Cross, we need the wood."

We can stuggle and bleed on the cross all we want, but it doesn't get us anywhere. Except that eventually people get tired of hearing it and just detach comepletely.

I have plenty of empathy for those still stuggling. But when they are presented with clear evidence that recovery is indeed posssible yet continue to whine, it's time for me to move along and help someone else who really wants to change.

"If you want what we have are willing to go to ANY LENGTH to get it." Any length can be quite daunting at times, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to sit in their chit when it starts to cool off.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sharon thanx 4 re posting your earlier avatar for me, you managed to weedle out of me my fetish for zips but dont tell Rusty. he he!

chris
Old 04-22-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

chris I think the fetish board is off line right now!! LOL

Stone, glad you are still around, just kind of sitting back right now waiting for a light to come on or a door to open.

It is difficult to encourage when there seems to be no willingness to change, I have found that in order to stay sober I had to change.

"If you change nothing, then nothing changes." I think a Zen Buddhist said that. LOL
Old 04-22-2007, 08:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'll admit it, I do get disillusioned at times. When I'm in a bad place and I come and see others struggling too I get that stupid voice in my head "everyone else is messing up, why don't you?" Seems like when that happens I have people in my home group coming in and out, or sharing about the same problems over and over without wanting to do something different. I get in a bad spot and start skipping meetings, avoid SR, walk out of meetings and in general my whole sense of serenity disappears and I become a dry drunk. It ain't pretty and it scares the h*ll out of me. Then I get sick of myself, get my butt back to a meeting, log back on to SR and lo and behold, everyone got better!!!

Perspective is key.

We just lost a member of our group this week to this disease and their spouse was so gorked out at the funeral that it was unreal. It was awful to see someone I've only known as sober lying in a casket and someone who I've watched go in and out so f'ing spaced out that there is no way she could be there for her kids or will ever remember the love and support of all the people that were there.

I can choose to get disillusioned about that or I can thank God it's not me today and take it for a warning. I can't control anyone's sobriety or lack thereof and I can't "make" anyone want to get sober. What I can do is try my best to be of help to those who are actively seeking information and/or help.

Stone, I hope you don't leave. I hope that you will find it within yourself to make the decision that you want to get and stay sober more than you want to get drunk. I've been in your shoes as we all have been. To quote AA "keep coming back".

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 04-22-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

stone......come back, my friend.....you are welcome here sober or not.......everyone is........we've all been there......if i hadn't kept posting and reading during my relapse i may never have found the courage to quit again.......so stick around.......we'll miss you if you go......

hugs
ayla
Old 04-22-2007, 09:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Stone,
Don't go anywhere .. we need you here!

Keep talking to us!! You got us to listen.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I wasn't disillusioned with SR only with myself. Thanks to all for understanding or at least not calling me an a$$hole lol. I have been reading here but not posting much cos I have been drinking, anyhoo I am looking forward to being able to post sober here again soon.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hiya a$$hole......uhhh oops I mean Stone hehe!!! Just keep hangin out with all these sober folks and sometime eventually something will click and you will finally make the desicion to quit for good. Until then, I have all sorts of barf buckets I can mail ya iffin ya want. I dont need them.
How did you do today mate?
Old 04-24-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi teej, hangin in here. Your posts always make me smile, thanks babe!