Notices

I'm finally going.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hon I am so sorry!!! Perhaps you could call the local AA hotline and get the straight scoop on where the next meeting is at, who knows you may have someone to meet there after the phone call.

You are right, maybe today was not the right day for you to go, I would call and find out when the right day is.

Glad no one was hurt.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear this RedFox ~ while I am so very glad that no one was hurt (that really is the most important thing), I am sorry that it wasn't better news for you. I do hope it doesn't deter you from trying to get to another meeting though, love. Please keep us updated?

Hugs and love,
-Hazel.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Soo sorry for you Red!

Take solace in the fact that you were going to an AA meeting and not coming from a bar! Please try again.

I would take the guy's comments (and lack of documentation for the officer) to mean that this will NOT be reported to your insurance company.

How bad is your car??

TinLizzy
Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Oh No!

That sounds exactly like something that would happen to me!

Sounds like you are off the hook for the accident, you will probably never hear from that guy. Never know, the officer might have detected booze on his breath!

All I can do is encorage you to try again, calling the AA number is a great idea.

Ted
Old 04-17-2007, 10:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh Red - unbelievable. No , this isn't a sign that you shouldn't be at the meeting. It was an unfortunate accident.
I would be p'd off if I took the time to get the address/location right, too, only to find out that the information posted was wrong - but that's life - people make mistakes.
PLEASE - get to a meeting - you may look back on this one day .. 'I remember my first meeting - couldn't find it you lousy bunch of drunks had the location wrong' and have a laugh about it. Hang in there, friend.

Rowan
Old 04-17-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Red.

This sounds like the kind of thing that would happen to me. Please don't give up on your sobriety. You might be able to meet with someone through the AA line to meet you at a coffee shop and go to the meeting with you.

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better.

I just hope you hang in here with us, and stay sober. I hope you'll be able to go to an AA meeting, and find some good people to help you. I hope everything works out about the car accident. I'm thankful that nobody is hurt, and I hope you can dust yourself off and keep working at it. I will pray for you today.
chip
Old 04-17-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hey Redfox
i'm SO sorry about that - exactly the same thing happened to me my first meeting about 2.5 years ago...i also thought OMG is it a sign what, what...but really quite simply it wsan't the right day for me to go i went again the following week (horrible horrid binge drinking in between i remember it well - but I DID get to a meeting eventually and i hope you do too.
Alcoholism kills - sometimes slowly sometimes quickly..the primary purpose of our disease is to destroy us...and it will if left uncehcked. glad you are actively doing something about it. It's worth it - and your'e worth it.
cathy31
x
Old 04-17-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Oh Red - unbelievable. No , this isn't a sign that you shouldn't be at the meeting. It was an unfortunate accident.
I would be p'd off if I took the time to get the address/location right, too, only to find out that the information posted was wrong - but that's life - people make mistakes.
PLEASE - get to a meeting - you may look back on this one day .. 'I remember my first meeting - couldn't find it you lousy bunch of drunks had the location wrong' and have a laugh about it. Hang in there, friend.

Rowan
I'm already laughing about it. It was just so strange that it happened at that moment.

I got a call from the guy's insurance today and it sounds like he was somehow at fault. They made an appointment for me to get an estimate on the damage to see how much they need to pay and those are the words from the insurance person I talked to. I'm so confused. If it was my fault why would they want an estimate? My dad is a cop so I gave him all the info so then he can call me and hopefully clear this up. If I do in fact, not get nailed for being at fault then I can't even begin to say how lucky I am.

My knee is killing me today. I'm not sure if it's related to the accident or not though because I've had problems for years. But anyway. I do know where the meeting is now so I'll try to get to the next one. I got through the anxiety of going, so I can do that again. Now I just need to walk through the right door.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
Now I just need to walk through the right door.
Good to see that your sense of humour is still intact!!

And that's great your dad is a cop he'll make sure you're treated appropriately, I'm sure.

Hope the knee pain is unrelated to the accident. When are you getting to a meeting?

R
Old 04-17-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

The next meeting is on Monday of next week, it's the same group I was trying to get to this time. Hopefully it works out.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Originally Posted by Cathy31 View Post
the primary purpose of our disease is to destroy us...

Hi Cathy, I love that line, if you don't mind I think I may use it myself from time to time.

Ted
Old 04-18-2007, 03:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Red, aren't there any meetings before Monday?
Old 04-18-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm sure there are, but the women's groups meet on Mondays and Tuesdays and since Tuesdays are at 7am, there's no way I'm getting my butt up that early.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Aw come on, where's ur sense of adventure? Just kidding - if it was an outdoor/sunrise meeting I would get up for that, but not in this crap/grey/wet weather.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:02 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

If you knew how I was in the morning you wouldn't want me to get up, lol.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:28 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Red I am one of those people that other people hate in the morning, I am a morning person, do not get me wrong, I have no problem sleeping in late, but (now that I am sober) when I get up the world is a wonderful joyous place to be for me! I go to a 7:30am meeting sometimes on Saturdays, normally the folks at the meeting do not start even smiling until about 8am when thier first cup of coffee starts to kick in!