Notices

Ya know you're a drunk when.....

Old 05-08-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
When you wake up with no recollection of the cousins wedding you went to the day before...and when you find out the only "bad"/"embarassing" thing you did was wet the bed , you count it as a result!
haha which reminded me of a low moment(still having them but this one stands out)you go to a party at your bosses house for employees and have to spend the night cause your to drunk to drive....and wake up in a pee soaked bed..ohhh!that was tough to tell my boss,i pee'd in his guest bed.he brought in a box of depends the next day and left it on my desk much the amusement of the other employees.

Last edited by piscesdreamer; 05-08-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: add
Old 05-08-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

When you are so drunk it takes you 10 minutes to get into your truck and another 10-15 minutes to determine you are okay to drive home!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

...when you dress up like a pirate with several of your friends, drink a bottle of spiced rum before leaving the house to go to a "pirate party", bring a flask with you in case the band sucks, drink the flask because the band sucks, flirt with older guys to get them to buy your drinks because you're underage, stick around until the end of the show to get in a van with the band and your flask-wielding buddy to go to an after-party, drink some PBR at a house you've never been to, then take the drummer of the band that sucks home with you because your boyfriend's out of town. then, hungover, you drive him to denver the next morning because his ride left, and you're still dressed like a pirate.

and all of that is COOL.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

...your bumper sticker says 'Id rather be drinking'

okay, i made that up.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

the pink elephant is buying you a drink
Old 05-09-2007, 04:50 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

fraankie you know the first pink elephant I ever saw I was about 2 months sober!!! Okay let us take it a weird step further, I was driving to a 5PM AA meeting and there on the side of the road in front of some business was a life sized PINK ELEPHANT!!!! Here I was sober and I finally saw the beast!
Old 05-09-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

"Ya know you're a drunk when..... "

the bartender sees you coming,
meets you at the door
and
gives you a six-pack
and says
"go drink at home"

best
fraankie
Old 05-09-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

You can't go to a liquor store within in a 50 mile raduis without them putting 3 "minis" on the counter with a 1/2 pint pf Vodka. And it's 10:00 AM.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:39 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

When you're driving home on a very familiar road and forget to stop at the T-intersection, the nose of the car hits a ditch and sends you flying over the top of a fence, narrowly missing a power pole, land upright on all four tires, airbag hits you in the face breaking your glasses, total a brand new car with only 200 miles on it, too drunk to remember to turn the car off, think it's going to explode because of the smoke coming out of the airbags, have friends tow it off and don't report the accident, AND don't get one doggone scratch out of the whole thing and can somehow get the insurance company to buy you a new car!

This is a great thread - what "fond" memories it brings up.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
i grew up in a brewery town, (stag beer, yuck!) so a lot of folks there were pretty much weaned on beer. when they started to phase out/close the brewery, they kept the big tower with the neon "stag" sign lit up (not sure why).

anyway, the old brewery was the place where they held aa/alanon meetings (appropriate, i suppose) and i attended alanon there.

the joke was if you want to find all the town drunks, just follow the stag sign.

k
There was a group that met in Drewry's brewry in South Bend IN.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I can't remember if I read this here, or not. But, you know you're a drunk when at the county detox facility there's a sandwich named after you in the cafeteria!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:10 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

You know you're a drunk when your heart races anytime you see a cop while driving, no matter what time of day or whether you're sober or not, because you're usually not. That adjustment took forever when I got sober, but it was a great feeling to know I never had to worry about a DUI again.

Also when you rotate your liquor stores daily around the entire county so the employees or anyone who may see your car there doesn't think you have a problem. And then when you look at your bank statement and it's nothing but bars, liquor stores and partying and you hide it or destroy it so your S.O. doesn't see.

Or sneaking 3 recycling bins full of big empty wine bottles you've been hiding under the house to the county recycling center yourself out as far away as possible each week so they don't go out by the curb.

Or everything in your house has been broken and glued back together or had to be thrown away, or was thrown away unwittingly.

The list, sadly, is endless.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

your wife is leaving a six pack on the table
with a not
"here's dinner, i'll be home late"

best
fraankie