What Eddie said,

Make sobriety your number one priority!

Corny, huh?

(but you'll remember)

Ted
Old 04-24-2007, 04:42 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Groucho

Getting the message into the part of my brain free of bullhockey takes some time. I am getting there.

S o b r i e t y c o m e s f i r s t

Old 04-24-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Yes,

My sponsor loves that analogy.

Everyone has two sides to their brain. A left side and a right side.

Now the left side controls our emotions, our artistic and musical and abstract thought.

The right side is our analytical side, the side that controls math, accounting, logic, etc.

The alcoholic brain is just a little bit dirrerent. One side creates bull$***, and the other half believes it!

I can stop anytime [BULL] / I believe it!

I am fine [BULL] / I believe it!

I will be fine if I stay home today instead of going to a meeting [BULL] / I believe it!

I really like the parachute one too, you don't HAVE to pull the ripcord (drumroll please) [BULL] / I believe it! Bada Boom!

Ted
Old 04-24-2007, 05:38 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Taz and Ed, I hope I didn't offend you guys too much,
Stone you are not going to hurt my feelings, I burnt all those brain cells out a long time ago!!!

Steph my dear just learn from the slips, keep going to those meetings, draw closer to your HP, get your self a sponsor and work it!!! You will be dancing a jig in no time! I would dance a jig myself but I doubt my knees could handle it!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I went to another meeting and I am sober again tonight. Yay. Thank you my God and AA and SR. Goodnight from me. I look forward to hearing how you are doing tomorrow. I love you all.

xxxxoooo
night Steph...you rock !

I'll be out rockin' tomorrow too but I'll be around at night...so, to you as well as all my other Aussie and Kiwi mates, have a good Anzac Day holiday !

D
Old 04-24-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm so glad that you are making meetings, steph. i admire you for that.

fyi - everyday i look at your thread title - "scared". and you know what,
i'm scared too. but coming here and going to alanon and my recovery tools - they help me. YOU help me. so thank you! blessings, k
Old 04-24-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi D - happy ANZAC day to you too my friend. Now there's something to be grateful for huh? I am grateful to our men and women who died in service to our country. Our heros. They were scared too. We will remember them.

taz - I would be honoured to do a jig with you and if your knees can't handle it, we can waltz.

PR - When I started this thread I hoped the title would not be relevant for long. It is no longer the title I want for my thread. I am going to start a new one. I have no idea yet what I will call it but I am so pleased I can throw away my fear today.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:33 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi D - happy ANZAC day to you too my friend. Now there's something to be grateful for huh? I am grateful to our men and women who died in service to our country. Our heros. They were scared too. We will remember them.

taz - I would be honoured to do a jig with you and if your knees can't handle it, we can waltz.

PR - When I started this thread I hoped the title would not be relevant for long. It is no longer the title I want for my thread. I am going to start a new one. I have no idea yet what I will call it but I am so pleased I can throw away my fear today.
Hope you had a good day today Steph...I had a brilliant day playing music with my friends...dog tired now, but very happy...and thank you - you reminded me exactly what today is all about...I'm also very happy the thread title needs changing !

peace
D
Old 04-25-2007, 02:55 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

How about a 2 step!!!! I am a good old boy, I can 2 step, I can hardly spell waltz! LOL

Glad to hear the fear is gone for now, once you get working the steps with a sponsor once you do steps 4&5 you will find the majority of your fears will dissappear or become very managable. Every one has fears, even normal people, dealing with them sober for an alcoholic is something new and has to be learned.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:07 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

2 step? Sure that sounds fun. Not to be mixed up with step 2. I have something to confess. I have bad knees too. Is that a common affliction for drunks like us?

Your sticky post got through to me big time Taz. Making sobriety number one priority hadn't actually got through to this thick alcohol infested head of mine. It helped relieve my fear. I have no room in my head or time for wallowing in negative emotions. They will interfere with the big number one. Thank you for that. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Dee! I am not in a huge hurry. I have the rest of my life on this road. Maybe I will get around to starting a new thread tomorrow. Peace to you 2 Ozzy.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Steph my knees got whacked up by sports in my youth and motorcycles! I can not point a finger at alcohol for that one? LOL
Old 04-25-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee! I am not in a huge hurry. I have the rest of my life on this road. Maybe I will get around to starting a new thread tomorrow. Peace to you 2 Ozzy.
oops, sorry if I seemed too insistent....very tired last night ! We Queenslanders don't hurry for anything !

sorry !

D
Old 04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

We Queenslanders don't hurry for anything !
Sounds like us southerners in the US! LOL
Old 04-25-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi Dee and Taz

So my knees are just stuffed cos I am getting old. Greeeeaaaaat!

No hurry. Nothing to do today except stay sober. The rest is fluff. SOme of it is important fluff like feeding the dog, getting to work on time, doing my job the best I can, keeping house, eating, resting, and generally stuff that living requires. Still fluff though.

Dee - I didn't think you were being insistent. I just thought you might be wondering why I was taking so long so I thought I would explain. No need to apologise my Ozzie mate.

I woke up a bit anxious today. I had a bad dream. We can consiously empty our heads of thoughts that don't help us stay sober but dreams just come. It wasn't a good one. I was in one of the houses of my childhood. It got more and more complicated and more and more filled with family - I ended up running outside onto the lawn on my own and curling up in a ball. THe craving I had for a drink was enormous. Hmmmpf. Dream cravings. No awake ones at the moment thanks to God.

Today will be a trudge I think. So I think I'll ask for help and hitch a ride on the newbie bus for this part of the journey.

Love to everyone. My wish today is that everyone on this site finds peace today.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:09 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Sounds like us southerners in the US! LOL
They don't call us the 'Deep North' fer nuthin' !! LOL !
D
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dee and Taz

So my knees are just stuffed cos I am getting old. Greeeeaaaaat!

No hurry. Nothing to do today except stay sober. The rest is fluff. SOme of it is important fluff like feeding the dog, getting to work on time, doing my job the best I can, keeping house, eating, resting, and generally stuff that living requires. Still fluff though.

Dee - I didn't think you were being insistent. I just thought you might be wondering why I was taking so long so I thought I would explain. No need to apologise my Ozzie mate.

No, no wondering here, Steph..all cool !

I woke up a bit anxious today. I had a bad dream. We can consiously empty our heads of thoughts that don't help us stay sober but dreams just come. It wasn't a good one. I was in one of the houses of my childhood. It got more and more complicated and more and more filled with family - I ended up running outside onto the lawn on my own and curling up in a ball. THe craving I had for a drink was enormous. Hmmmpf. Dream cravings. No awake ones at the moment thanks to God.

Today will be a trudge I think. So I think I'll ask for help and hitch a ride on the newbie bus for this part of the journey.

Love to everyone. My wish today is that everyone on this site finds peace today.
yeah dreams are weird...I've been having this recurring one where there's a party in my flat...(don't need to be Freud to figure that one out)...I can see things on the table...dishes on the sink, pictures on the wall, and they're exactly the same in every dream...but it's *not* my flat and it's a place I've never seen (not that I can remember anyway)...really annoying thing is it's nicer than my real flat ~!~!

have a great day Steph...hope the trudge is easier than you expect...
D

Last edited by Dee74; 04-25-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Wow, y'all have quite the little party going in this thread!

Mind if I pop in to say "Howdy?"

There are many inspiring posts here and I thank you all for them.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

TTM I am sure you will be welcome here, if you ain't scared of something you ain't an alcoholic!