Notices

Weekend check in, now it's your turn

Old 04-15-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Feel better soon! Seems like quite a few people have been sick lately, hopefully that bug doesn't find me.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think we all gave the bug to eachother - I had it last week - should have stayed away from SR - sorry if I gave it to anyone lol
Old 04-16-2007, 04:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I had a good weekend also , Im still sober ,and looking forward to going to my meeting this afternoon , Thank you for this Thread , It was a great idea to check on everyone. PEACE !!!! JEI
Old 04-16-2007, 04:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi all. A still sober Monday for me.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober and Free

Hi all! Homeschooling starts back up today, so it's a real monday that is for sure! We've been on break all last week.

Had a hard week. My fat cat 1. got into a major cat fight 2. got her toe stepped infected in the process and when she finially goes back outside steps in a &^&**(() glue trap some major %$#@$%$#@# left OUTSIDE! I spent one whole night after school cleaning her of gooey glue (vegtable oil, by the way, if any of you find yourselves in the same predicament) This whole time the baby has been having a high fever. The fever broke, ironically the same night the cat got stuck. The next night however, she got worse. Ended up in the ER Fri. morning and was told she had hand, foot, and mouth virus. Some kind of cocci microorganism ... I was up for over 36 hours at this point so a bit groggy on it. She spent the weekend on a rotation of tylenol and motrin and benedryl. FINALLY she's my baby girl again! It was remenisent to her colicky baby days there for a while!

Dh has been making out back yard a back yard again ( was a pil of rubble) and that has been hard on both of us. Facing our first sober summer. He found a shot glass out there ... that is how long it's been. Tequila was on sale for the first time that I have noticed since I have been sober. And the sun and the BBQ called out to us. BUT ... I looked in the mirror at myself, and liked what I saw. So ... I didn't give in. I feel great this morning, and despite the crazyness, I had a great weekend.

Now ... I have to make out our school schedule. I can't wait until summer!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Checking in .

My step-father has been in the hospital since last week... heart problems. They put in a pacemaker on Friday the 13th and he seems to be doing well according to the surgeon. I've been doing my normal day to day things plus spending some time at the hospital with him (my 2 daughters, brother sister and nieces... kind of a party in his room all weekend).

He may be released today but I'm not sure about that yet.

NJ is in a state of emergency today... flooding + some snow this morning!This weather is f'ing crazy. No school.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Well we rented a cabin up in the blue ridge mountains this weekend, Friday thru Sunday, no TV or radio, weather was nice Friday afternoon, cool and sprinkling Saturday and rainy and windy Sunday! We all took turns being sick for 3-4 hours at a time, but over all had a great time discovering how nice things were with out computors, telephone, radio or TV! I am still a bit sick today, but doing better. Funny I was typing this and did not even think about whether I stayed sober or not this weekend, I did, but slowly the alcohol is starting to fade as a focal point in my life, but it was my first sober camping trip.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Ha Ha, charade you are!

Afternoon Peeps!

Checking in..rough weekend, good Staurday I guess-watched my son's soccer game, took him to Florida State's annual Garnet and Gold Game (scrimmage for defense and offense), wanted to drink that night-so hard to drop my son off and know I can;t spend time with him until next weekend.
Sunday-slept in and read the entire Sunday paper-woohoo (remember this is Tallahassee, paper is affectionately called the mullet wrapper), noon meeting..This weekend I realized I was in "transition"..staying away from a close friend whose house is my Tequila trigger. I don't really have many close friends these days. I am a loner and so its difficult for me to reach out to strangers locally. I was really feeling sorry for myself. Been a long time since I had a date...Sunday was an intense struggle to not drive to the ABC liquor store 2 miles from the house. I am glad I stayed strong though-I could have easily ruined 54 days of clean. Glad I made two meets this weekend though.

Found a great Quote from Pema Chodron on the "Buddhaist Thought for the Day" thread from Ngopka (?) about staying with the sadness/dissappointment/disgrace and not trying to escape from painful feelings, but to let them "open" me. I needed that...

Hope all of you have a happy and productive week. I got unsupervised visits with my son from the court now, just waiting on paperwork. Thats a good thing to look forward to-I am taking my son and me to the coast for a day of sun and sand!

See Ya
Melissa
Old 04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yesterday after church my husband and I went to a reception for new members at the Rectors house (my husband just joined).On the way there I mentioned I didn't know if I could talk for two hours in a cocktail party type atmosphere and maybe we would cut out early if it were uncomfortable. Well, it was great. They served us a nice dinner and it was just so comfortable. One of the priests who leads a recovery service I attend sent a woman over to talk to me about it. It was so perfect. At that moment I knew exactly why I was there.

After that I came home,changed clothes and went to my Sunday night candlelight ACOA meeting. It was a really nice ending to a great weekend.

Oh, and the taxes are done!

-K
Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm still sick, but I'm being forced to work by my sadisitc boss.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ha Ha, charade you are!

Be well all! So many bugs going around...no sneezing! No coughing!
M
Old 04-20-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

New weekend - new check in - old thread! (I didn't see the point in starting another one).

I'm just back from 5 days in Italy (brushing up on the old language skills) where some of my family live. It's a good job I hate Italian wine as it was on every family members table out there as you would expect.

How's everyone doing?
Old 04-20-2007, 09:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

I'm good!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm washing windows! yippee! (NOT!)
Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Getting better here! Need to get off this chair and get busy!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Wink

doin' super. beautiful weather, beautiful sobriety, beautiful friends. What more do I need?

TJ, now Oregon is not that far compared to the UK. I can get there from here so if you don't get off your arse soon and take care of business, I'm gonna' have to hunt you down and smack you upside the head.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:04 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I'm still around too!

Got moved in - am at that place when you move that everything you need can't be found and everything you don't need is underfoot...

at least it quit snowing! wooHOO!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm here... gorgeous weekend this one was.. it's SO nice to not wake up with a hangover and enjoy the sunshine with my coffee.. ahhhhhhh bliss.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

oohhhhhhhh it's ON now Ed!!!!!!!! :

Hi tall & barb!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hiya tj