Notices

Thanx

Old 04-13-2007, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
step by step

Thanx

thanx to all of you who have replied over last week or so, i've spoken to my partner about my friend and he's ok with everything now, my friend is now recovering and is due out of hospital soon, i took some time out from visiting, kept in touch through the nurses and contacted his close friends who have tried and failed to get him see sense in the past, they had washed their hands with him, its nice to see they're right there for him now, his mum is understanding more now, she's 72 and couldn't quite get her head round the fact that alcoholism is an illness. all the support seems to be in place now so hopefully i can sit back now and be a friend, not his support system.

anyway would just like to thank everyone for their kind words, means a lot!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wink

Rusty,

I'm so glad to here things are working out for you and that your friend will be getting out soon. Expecially glad to hear that you and partner have discussed things. My wifey and I had to go through one of those over the last two weeks and it wasn't much fun. We've been married for almost 35 years so there's not much fun to be had. She's too busy 10 months out of the year and during the summer, I'm play golf too much. But hey, we don't want to get bored anyhow.

Nice to hear ya'

xxoo,
Ed
Old 04-13-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
step by step

golfman i love your signature!

my partner goes fishing, i've been with him on a few occasions but can't quite get my head around it, i'm a woman and i (hate admitting this) like fishing.

i don't get bored either!
can't believe i'm admitting i like fishing, fishing always equalled boredom to me, funny how times change!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by rusty443 View Post
golfman i love your signature!

my partner goes fishing, i've been with him on a few occasions but can't quite get my head around it, i'm a woman and i (hate admitting this) like fishing.

i don't get bored either!
can't believe i'm admitting i like fishing, fishing always equalled boredom to me, funny how times change!
Rusty,

Where are you in the UK? We're comin' over in July for our third trip. Can't seem to get enough of you guys. By the way, before my wife and I were married and I was "courting" her, we used to go fishing all the time.

xxoo,
Ed
Old 04-13-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love a happy ending!!

Congratulations Rusty
TinLizzy
Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
step by step

golman, i live in the midlands. thats so crazy! you and your wife went fishing when you were courting, i like how peaceful it is.

i've been looking over this site for the past week and i feel its held me together, so glad i found it, was losing hope, and feeling weak, was just roaming round getting to know the internet (new to me) and all of a sudden i'm here and its helping me.

god works in mysterious ways!
Old 04-15-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

rusty... now, and as always... all is as it should...

happy endings....yey!

xxoo and all good wishes... rusty... (wink)

ps, were always here for you...