Notices

Day 24

Old 04-11-2007, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 24

I hate this emotional roller coaster I am on. Too many ups and downs. I wish I could just be stable for 1 whole day. I call my AA sponsor and my sober friends and it helps for a while. But then I find myself right back at the bottom again.

I am taking my meds and trying to structure my life a little more. I am going to the gym with my daughter in the morning, will probably join. Started smoking again, I had quit for 7 years. Need to stop that. Trying to do all of the right things. Just need some energy to follow through.

Thanks for listening and being here for me.

Carol
Old 04-11-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 24 - fantastic, Carol.

You're doing all the right stuff - structure, routine, meetings, contact with your sponsor and other alcoholics.

You'll quit smoking when you're ready - don't stress yourself - one thing at a time.

I really enjoy witnessing your experiences - good and bad, Carol, because you're so honest and I see myself in you, and I want to cheer you on, to say, keep on doing what you're doing it WILL get better, don't give up.

Keep posting, friend!

Rowan
Old 04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are doing the right things, like Rowan said. I don't know what to say except keep it going. Just think, if it's this crappy now it can only get better right?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Well hon, here you are at day 25!!! Carol if the smoking helps then go for it, I still smoke but plan on quitting by my one year anniversary.

In the short term smoking will mess you up far less then drinking will.

Do not forget hon, you are not alone and you are loved.

Keep going to meetings and get more phone number, you can never have to many.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Secret Agent

Congrats
Old 04-12-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by Iwanttobe1 View Post
I hate this emotional roller coaster I am on. Too many ups and downs. I wish I could just be stable for 1 whole day. I call my AA sponsor and my sober friends and it helps for a while. But then I find myself right back at the bottom again.

I am taking my meds and trying to structure my life a little more. I am going to the gym with my daughter in the morning, will probably join. Started smoking again, I had quit for 7 years. Need to stop that. Trying to do all of the right things. Just need some energy to follow through.

Thanks for listening and being here for me.

Carol
Carol,

That's fantastic!!!!! Please remember that this doesn't happen over night. It took a few years to get where you are and it might take a little while to get back out. And old timer in AA once said that "I walked into the forest for twenty miles, what makes me think I only have to walk three miles to get out"

Hang in there Carol, we're all rooting for you.

Your friend in sobriety,
Ed
Old 04-12-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

very proud and happy for you, carol. i understand it's not easy, and i admire all your hard work. blessings, k