Notices

Day 21

Old 04-08-2007, 02:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 21

21 days sober today. I wish I could say I feel wonderful, but I don't. I wish I could tell you all the reasons, but I'm not sure what they are. I just feel depressed. I am trying to do all of the right things, but I seem to keep getting in the way of myself.

I have a few tools but I don't really feel prepared to handle the feelings that I have.

I will meet with my AA sposor for the first time this afternoon. I will talk to my therapist sometime today. Maybe that will help.

Everyone here has been so kind, so I want to say thank you. Don't really have any wonderful insight to share or a great story to tell about being sober.
So I'll go now.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter.

Carol
Old 04-08-2007, 02:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Morning , Well , I didn't mess my money up , I didn't drink or get high yesterday , and i took the children out and bought them new sneakers , shoes,clothes ect, IT WAS THE DAY BEFORE I GOT THE REFUND THAT I SCREWED UP AND USED ,I WAS BROKE AND RAN INTO THOSE PEOPLE AT THOSE PLACES USING THOSE THINGS , IM BACK TO DAY ONE GUYS , im sorry. JEI
Old 04-08-2007, 03:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up I wanna be one,2

G/day, Glad to hear you're up to 3 weeks! this is the longest period, it starts to go faster now, though still a day at a time. i'm up to 161 days, and it really does get better. hang in there.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Carol,

Three weeks without a drink is a HUGE accomplishment - well done!

A lot of feelings come out when we stop drinking - I can really relate to the depression side of things. Everything is raw and hurts and I just wanted to curl into a ball and hide from the world.

You've got a plan, and that's great. Talk to your new sponsor, and make sure you share your struggles. And do the same with your therapist.

The road might be rocky for a little while, so be gentle with yourself. This isn't easy. Please keep posting in here and let us know what's going on. You don't need to have any keen insight or neat stories to share - just be yourself.

(((((hugs))))) to you.

Love, Rowan

Last edited by Rowan; 02-05-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lurker

3 Weeks is great. I hope every thing went well w/ your sponcer. They usuly do help. Hope things are getting better.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go on three weeks. For me, that was the toughest period and then it began to get easier. I struggled with filling my time but there are so many things to do instead of drinking. Keep at it... you will feel much better.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Hi Carol, congratulations on three weeks sober...Great Job.....I want to tell you that what you are feeling is very normal...Sobriety, especially in the beginning can be very overwhelming. It is a huge responsibility...we tend to feel like we have the eyes of the world watching and waiting for us to screw up....or we are scared that we will screw up ourselves. All you need to do, is concentrate on not using Today..one day at a time. The sad/depressed/worry feeling will go away, and your confidence in yourself..and others confidence in you will make you stronger everyday. We didn't get here by messing up one day...we all messed up for a long time, give yourself some time to heal...it WILL get better, IF you stay sober...big hugs are on their way to you. Stay strong...we are here for you........

Cathy
Old 04-08-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Iwanttobe1 View Post
21 days sober today. I wish I could say I feel wonderful, but I don't. I wish I could tell you all the reasons, but I'm not sure what they are. I just feel depressed. I am trying to do all of the right things, but I seem to keep getting in the way of myself.

I have a few tools but I don't really feel prepared to handle the feelings that I have.

I will meet with my AA sponsor for the first time this afternoon. I will talk to my therapist sometime today. Maybe that will help.

Everyone here has been so kind, so I want to say thank you. Don't really have any wonderful insight to share or a great story to tell about being sober.
So I'll go now.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter.

Carol
Carol,

You do have wonderful insight to share...you! You are an example of what the Big Book calls "rigorous honesty." You tell the truth about how you fell, that's HUGE!!!!!! Not many are willing to open themselves up and be that honest. That is a blessing in itself to all of us here. Thank you for showing me today the example I need to live up to.

21 Days is truly a miracle...God is there in your heart, you may just have to brush aside some dust in order to find Him.

Love ya,
Ed
Old 04-09-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Carol my dear, 3 weeks is beyound huge, I know it was not easy for me to get there, I was really hurting at the 3 weeks mark, I continued to listen and talk to my sponsor (still do), I continued to let the folks in the rooms love me, I still was not ready to love myself. Slowly things get better, the longer I went with out a drink the better thiings got for me.

I did not think things were getting better, but then I would remember what I felt like a 1 week sober compared to how I felt at 3 weeks and it was an improvement, my eyes were clearing up, i woke up and the fog was not there any more. I looked in the mirror and I was no where near as bloated or red faced as I had been.

My sponsor told me to start looking for the good, because I would find it if I looked for it.... and I did. Look for the good Carol, it is there! Talk to your sponsor and the other folks at the meetings, they love you and we do to.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi Carol, what you are feeling is real, and normal.

It tekes months for your body and mind to heal from

the alcohol. Just knowing that helps me to adjust to this roller coaster

ride. But, one thing I do know, if I drink, I won't feel any better either.

So, holding on to that thought and working on me one day at a time

is the only choice I have, or allow myself to have.

((((((((((Carol)))))))))))

hope3
Old 04-09-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm thinking about you, carol. i hope your meeting with sponsor and conversation with a therapist will bring you more peace. you sure deserve it, after all your hard work. congrats on 21 (now 22) days. i'm proud of you. blessings, k
Old 04-09-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Secret Agent

Contragulations. That's really great that you stuck with it for so long. Good job, I hope you're proud of yourself!!

Heather