Notices

Uh oh =-o

Old 04-03-2007, 12:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Uh oh =-o

I just learned not to smoke pot while you are going off booze and nicotine, however after I was no longer high it made me realize how easy it is to fall back into the bad ways... glad I'm learning. Anyone agree with that?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wouldn't know,... I never smoked pot.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

I agree and i'm glad you're learning also.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Thanks Paulos! This is just my opinion, but smoking dope, doing a few lines of coke, popping a few pills is not sobriety.

Paulos would you say I was sober if I told you I quit drinking and started shooting up smack?

For this alcoholic if I smoked some dope I would immediately want my DOC, beer, I would not stay away from booze if I was getting high on something else, the only thing getting high on something else would do is make it easier mentally to pick up my DOC.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Of course not taz, just saying I made a mistake heheh.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Paulos I have found that sobriety for me involves no form of mind altering substances unless prescribed by a doctor and used per doctors orders, if I did use any sort of mind altering substances the last thing I would do is claim that I still had my original sobriety date.

For this alcoholic staying sober is a life and death matter as it is for any alcoholic, I drank for many a year so my death is closer then some if I pick up.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you see for a long time i quit my doc meth. but got high on pot, for this addict head i was clean because meth was my problem, and pot just relaxed me so i wouldnt crave speed. but i am glad to say i am now going on 4 months clean off pot drinking and everything else that was mind altering. i just got tired of being lazy on pot. and it was a problem, for me to think it wasnt a problem, how dumb was i? but gladly say that i am of clearer thinking today. thanks to NA. and thanks to my hp.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

katwomankc congrats on 4 months truly clean!!! That is one hell of an accomplishment!
Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks taz i appreciate that. i had 9 months clean, but reallly not clean so i confessed about the pot, and took a new comers chip and i feel now i truly feel at peace. because today i am running a honest program. my hubby has 2 1/2 yrs clean but i will get it. one day at a time.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Heh we all have a goal, I just want my passions back in life, and my brain to be clear... but then again, I'm a VERY PARANOID person and afraid of many things... and "VERY" vain, so... that's 'bout it really.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Last time I smoked dope there were a couple of things I knew would happen, I would get paranoid and the last thing it did was clear my head! LOL!!!

Stoned really never brought about any passion in my life either, I just sat around ate and chilled...... of course the next thing I did was drink some beer, it all seemed to go together so well for me, we called it getting droned!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

lol tazman it just all seems to go hand in hand with each other. when i drank i needed my doc meth. but getting stoned i would call it vegging out. because you get like a veggie.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I even gave up sominex. Now just the cigars have to go....
Old 04-03-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

My next thing to deal with will be smoking myself. I am very solid in my sobriety, but I will be honest and say that I think I am going to be a real butt hole to those around me for a while when I quit, I do plan on using the 12 steps to help with it.

Like you russel I take my sobriety very serious, I know it is a matter of life and death and as a result except for apirin I will not take any thing except vitamins unless a doctor prescribes it.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

i too need to quit smoking i have cut down tremendously. a pack of cigarettes last me a week. and i havent bought any lately. and me to i will not take anything unless prescribed by the doctor.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Anyone sometimes have trouble getting things out when you want to say them, or forget things with like short term memory, or have a paranoia of not living up to a certain unknown standard? I have this all the time, and am always worried about crap...
Old 04-04-2007, 03:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Paulos I have been totally sober/straight for over 6 months and I still have short term memory lapses every once in a while, but it gets better every day that I don't drink, smoke dope, or take any other mind altering drugs.

Weed is far worse for ones short term memory and paranoia then alcohol. Keep in mind that alcohol and all other drugs change the way your brain works, it messes with the chemicals in your brain.

Once I got totally sober this all started to get better, I have not been paranoid since the last time I smoked dope, my short term memory gets better every day still, but I am totally sober.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

hey paulos i have short term memory all the time. what i do is write things on a calendar now so i dont forget. i think its normal dude dont worry to much and give yourself a break dear friend.