Notices

I've missed you guys

Old 04-02-2007, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've missed you guys

Hi everyone. How are you all doing? I've been away from virtual chat for ages & I've missed you all. Usually I sneek a peek at the boards at work but we've been so busy.

Things are going well for me. I've nearly reached 90 days, I'm making regular meetings and met some great folk. I'm still a total worry freak about personal relationships but hey! I've suddenly realised that it's part of this disease! Wow! What a relief that was; now at last, I know there's a medicine; it's called the 12 steps and yeah, I sit there sometimes as uncomfortable as s*** but I'll keep doing it if it gets me better. The path is tried & tested. We had a birthday cake in my Tuesday meeting with 21! Candles on it last week. That's evidence enough for me.

I've noticed so many changes in my thinking already but I'm humble enough now to know that I'm still only very young in recovery. I accept my mistakes now and am not scared by them and I also try to accept reality.

This is only after a month of meetings. I just wanted to say if there's anyone out there wondering whether or not to do it, I was really sceptical. Now I'm so glad that I got my ass off this chair and got to my first meeting and it was largely down to you great gang here. Cheers, Rainey x
Old 04-02-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you here again..
and also sharing such positive progress!

Blessings
Old 04-02-2007, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Well Raineydae I was wondering what had come of you!!! Well the sun is now shining, sounds like you are getting on some pretty sound footing and have found the same answer I and so many others have found in the rooms of AA!

You are already doing a bit of 12th stepping which is beyond cool!

Almost 90 days is awesome!!! Nothing like some face to face grinning, laughing, hugging, support is there? Rooms full of people who actually understand the frustration, pain, shame, and self hatred! The best thing though is many of them know and freely share how to escape all that and be happy, joyous and free.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rooms full of people who actually understand the frustration, pain, shame, and self hatred! The best thing though is many of them know and freely share how to escape all that and be happy, joyous and free.
That's exactly it and I'm glad to see you're still here & full of wise advice as ever!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raineydae View Post
I just wanted to say if there's anyone out there wondering whether or not to do it, I was really sceptical. Now I'm so glad that I got my ass off this chair and got to my first meeting and it was largely down to you great gang here. Cheers, Rainey x
I'm finally getting the guts to go. I'm going to try to go to one this week. I'm like you, I'm really skeptical. But you can't knock something if you haven't tried it right? So I'm just going to do it. Reading about how well you're doing really helps. I'm glad you're doing so well.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Red Fox. I'm glad if my experience can help you. I'm one of the most socially nervous people that I know and I do find it hard at times but it is helping, so I grit my teeth and do it.
The reason I was so skeptical was because I didn't think the anxiety of going could ever be worth the results but I think it has been. As I said, I've realised through the fellowship of AA that my fear of relationships is all part of the manifestation of the disease. More than that, I've been able to listen to how other people do it and that's invaluable for continued sobriety.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Raineydae,

Good to hear from you! Wow,...90 days huh! You kick a**!
I'm really glad you like the meetings. I love my AA meetings as well.

Philip
Old 04-03-2007, 04:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Red I would reccommend going to more then one meeting, try to find a "New Comers" meeting if you can. AA meetings are like churches or jobs, there are good ones and bad ones, just hunt around for a bit until you find one you like, the funny thing is some of the ones I did not like when I first got sober are really great now that I have a clearer head.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes. It's best to just keep hunting and above all, keep an open mind.