Notices

How I drink and Now I stop

Old 04-03-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hi Taz, thanks for your reply, as regards smoking weed, I have also done this for many years and am still smoking which I think is making it a little easier. If i had to stay on one it would be the weed but eventualy i must get off both to get my whole life back.

d...........
Old 04-03-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

i KNEW there were a bunch of hippies here!

you guys make my day, y'know that? oh, and salty... mad congrats to you, dear. 4 days and counting, kiddo. keep it up!
Old 04-03-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Salty,
Good to see you here, I am a newbie myself. Keep at it you are doing great!!
Old 04-03-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Salty if you are still smoking dope and you are like me you will be in dire trouble of going back to your old lover because your present lover is just not cutting it. Just a word of caution, when ever we alter our mental state just to feel good is when we are walking on very thin ice.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Salty if you are still smoking dope and you are like me you will be in dire trouble of going back to your old lover because your present lover is just not cutting it. Just a word of caution, when ever we alter our mental state just to feel good is when we are walking on very thin ice.

It doesn't seem that way with me, i have previously given up drinking for almost 18 months, 13 months into that time I gave up the weed and managed about 6 weeks before i had a drink, then another couple of weeks brought another drink my way and hey presto....back on the bottle.

I dont think with me, smoking weed will lead me to drink, quite the opposite actualy, it will keep me further away.

It would be great to be completely clean but if its one or the other i'll smoke the weed for now.

d...........
Old 04-04-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Salty it very well could be that the weed is actually your DOC and the alcohol is a secondary issue. I am an alcoholic, as a result for me I know that if I mess around with any thing else that it is not going to give me what I really want..... alcohol!

Salty it very well could be exactly what you said, alcohol leads you to weed, not being from the UK I don't know, but can't weed get you in far more legal trouble then alcohol? What about your job, wouldn't the weed get you fired quicker then the alcohol?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

afternoon Taz, the booze doesn't lead me to the weed and as for DOC (Drug of Choice...??) alcohol is the problem one. I can mostly function when smoking weed, but housebound when drinking.
As regards the law the amounts i would ever acctualy have on me would be just a case of having it confiscated by the police and getting a caution.
I think its a little more relaxed over here but still illegal, there are bigger things for the police to be doing.
as regards work i don't smoke at work and theres no real worry their.

well towards the evening of day 5 and all is well.....Golf tomorrow so that'll eat up a few hours.....

pip pip...

d...........