Notices

To everyone in your early to mid 20's

Old 04-29-2003, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To everyone in your early to mid 20's

Good for you to realize you have a problem and to do something about it. I had a problem at that age too, but so did everyone I hung out with. I just figured that that's what you do when you are in your 20's....You party! I always made it to work and all my appointments so I felt I was okay. I wish I had been on this site 10 years ago.

If you are able to just stop and never have a relapse then you probably don't have a problem!!!

I just spent 10 years ignoring my problem because I wanted to continue hanging out with my friends. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time in my 20's, but if I had to do it again I would have loved me and my health a little more than who I hung out with.

Hang in there!

K
Old 05-15-2003, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

i am one of the younger ones but its weird.... i never "partied", really. i usually drank alone.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pinky Blues

Hello,
It's great you found this forum. It has sure helped me out when I was feeling like I needed to drink and I needed a quick escape. I've noticed that the drinking just gets worse through the years. I've notice that this past year I started to drink by myself more often and that I started to drink earlier, like at 2pm so I could have a buzz by the time everyone else would get home. I think a lot of it for me was boredom. I didn't know what else to do and I enjoyed the feeling alcohol gave me. It's still hard for me when everyone in my neighborhood is out drinking in the hot sun, but I just go for a walk or jump on this forum. Whatever it takes. I haven't been perfect, I'm just trying to take one day at a time. You should definitely post a new thread to get some advice from several people. Hang in there...Congrats for noticing you have a problem.

K