Notices

Recovery... a waste of time

Old 04-02-2007, 03:30 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

gypsy, you there? Can you check in please. (and if you have already posted please ignore this message, it's early here and I'm trying to put on makeup and read at the same time).
Old 04-02-2007, 03:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Gypsy I wish I knew what to say, I can only speak from the recovering alcoholics side of the fence because my wife is supportive of me, but she was never a Codi.

Sadly divorce is not a rare occurence when an alcoholic sobers up and puts thier recovery as thier #1 priority.

What most non-alcoholics do not understand is it has to be our #1 priority, because the second we let anyone or anything become a higher priority then our sobriety is when we start to walk down the road to a relapse.

Gypsy you need to keep your priorities straight, sobriety has to be number one. That is really all the advice I can give you because my HP blesses me with a supporting family.

All I can say is you husband has a serious problem of his own with your sobreity that he needs to work out, not you.

As suggested Alanon would probably ne the best thing for him and the best way to increase the chance of him going is for you to start going to AA. This will certainliy not harm your sobriety and may lead him to alanon.

What ever you do hon, do not stop what you have been doing to stay sober just because he is being a jerk, he has a problem as well that he needs take care of.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:32 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey gypsy, it's your recovery. however you choose to do it, it's yours to own and be proud of. don't let the distractions slow you down! sending blessings and support, k
Old 04-02-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi Tally - putting makeup on at the same time as reading. I know the feeling! Hehe.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thank you so much you guys... I have read all the responses and will take all of it to heart. I'm still here... I'm feeling much better today . I was going to get to each post and advice but you guys are so great and it's overwhelming now to go back. The codie stuff is interesting... something else I will have to read up on.

Oh... I'm glad I asked for help here because as helpful as you sweet people think I sometimes am, I guess I don't always listen to myself. Yeah... I know what I need to do and will continue on.

*stone... 2 meetings a day LOL! I may just do that!*