Notices

Scared!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I dont live anywhere near wigan but first match i ever went to see was Springfield park 1996 fell in love and been a slave to them ever since. Hope we stay up Paul Jewell is God!!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Latic,

I can relate to panic attacks and your drinking. I became a daily drinker when I was 19, drinking alone or with friends (it didn't matter) every evening and struggling through the days. During that time I had panic attacks, thinking I was about to die, my heat was going to stop etc. I once ran down a street to a hospital convinced I was about to have a heart attack. Then I started having panic attacks that I was going insane.

Eventually my alcoholism progressed & I started taking a drink earlier in the day & eventually in the mornings & was soon a binge drinker. I'd just recommend going to an AA meeting if you want. If you live in a big city there will probably be loads (there are 55 meetings a week in Birmingham where I live). I know it might be scary but honestly AA is a friendly place. No-one will tell you you're an alcoholic or lecture you about your drinking. They will just talk about themselves & their drinking & how they stopped. Many, many alcoholics that I've met have had serious problems with anxiety & panic attacks so you wouldn't be alone with that experience either.

By the way, this isn't me saying you should go to a meeting or anything. It's completely up to you, you know. But I've got a lot out of the meetings.

All the best,

Adam
Old 03-31-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Lactic...glad you're here. Glad to hear you'll give AA a shot. It was my very last stop after numerous attempts to quit alone and on my own. The joy of recovery is the company of others...just like you, who know you're pain. It's a soft place to land. It's something to do to other than drinking as we all know how much time that consumes. It's a safe place to be real and true.

Welcome home.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome to the family Lactic -

TinLizzy
Old 03-31-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Latic,

Just wanted to reach out my hand and say welcome. You've made such an important first step, and I'm glad you're here.

Rowan

Last edited by Rowan; 02-05-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Latic,

I was in the EXACT same position as you are in. Just get away from whever it is that you usually drink- if you drink at home then just get out of there and go someplace else until your head clears. I'm going to PM you.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Latic, welcome
Old 03-31-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
outtahere

You are starting to recognise all the problems alcohol has been causing you. It is a good thing if you stopped drinking. Keep learning about the recovery process. Take good care of yourself by getting into a healthy lifestyle of good nutrition and exercise.

Last edited by CarolD; 03-31-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:38 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Welcome at SR Latic,

Keep checking this place out girl! The people here are fantastic!

Philip
Old 04-02-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome, latic! keep posting! k