Notices

i feel l acheived something...

Old 03-25-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i feel l acheived something...

i was able to finish my day alcohol free!! basically just lounged around ALL day tho.Felt no ambition to work or clean or even be online.watched some discovery channel stuff,about the only thing i enjoy doing,besides getting drunk and sleeping.tiz,i did make a complete family dinner but recipe wasnt good so that says it all about taste lol.took a 3 hour sleep midday and woke with a soaked pillow,always sweat my pillows when i dont drink but never if i drink,hmmmm? i had to fight off some irritibality tonite but didnt hurt no feelings cuz i was able to get over it quickly.im so afraid of tomorrow tho,its the addictive thinking that takes over my mind at some point during my workday which seems to always get me to surrender,then drink and forget i have this problem,until my next clear moment.im giving it all again tomorrow,(my favorite word).i waas glad to read about a few others getting some early days of sobriety under they belts,it does inspire me,so thanks to ALL here who give words of encouragement.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Great job!!! The first day is always the hardest......the sweaty pillows will stop soon, about a week for me!! Then you will begin to actually sleep a good nights sleep....pleeeeezzzz...don't give up!!!!

Cathy
Old 03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lazy day here too, Homer. Ain't it grand? I figure I did my body less damage with the chocolate doughnuts and coffee than I would have done with half the number of beers I usually consumed on a day off. I have eight days sober now. No sweating, but a tension headache for me. It sucked being drunk and hung over. I'd rather relax and get real rest. Hope you have a good week.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Homer! Awesome. One day sober. Lazy days are fine and your body probably needed the rest. I hope you have a restful night and wake up with a clear head tomorrow. You CAN do this!

I'm sending prayers your way!
-K
Old 03-25-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oh yes,the headaches usually get me at day 2-3,i bought that "head on" product at pharmacy and some how it helps with tension headaches,give it a try,may help.8 days? i feel like a new guy at about that lngth of time,all positive,well,mostly all positive lol.great
Old 03-25-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lurker

Homer I hope you get through your second day. Please just fight those rats off, and come here and chat with us some. Remember how good the sober life was getting. That alcohol is not going to help anything.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is great news, Homer!

AA meetings work for me to get my head straight and to help with not drinking. Also, I can connect with other people who know what I'm going through. So there's an idea.

Whatever you choose to use as a strategy, I am still SO happy for you & your first 24 hours! Now just start all over with 24 hours once again! xx
Old 03-25-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Homer I was sooooooo happy when I read your post! Great job....stay strong. You CAN do this The sweating when sleeping is nasty (I remember!), but it does go away....in time the cravings will too. It's a tough road, but if you want it bad enough you can get there...and I know you will!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Great! And I appreciate how you are sharing with others!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Homer -

We'll wash sheets together. I'm soooo happy for you . .

TinLizzy
Old 03-25-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Patrick,

You DID accomplish something. Something big. 24 hours sober. Now onward and upward to the next 24.

As for sleep, be glad you CAN sleep! There is nothing wrong with resting as I'm sure your body goes through a lot when you are drinking. I know mine did. Heck, mine almost gave out of me.

Keep it up and keep posting. We are pulling for you,
Kellye
Old 03-25-2007, 09:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I remember the sweats. My linens were stained yellow. Ugh.

You've don it before, you know what to expect. Hang in there. And after you de-tox, get yourself some sort of program so you don't have to do this again !

Good Luck and God Bless.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Homer,
You have so many people here that are pulling for you and supporting you. I have been following you posts for a while and sort of know your story. I have to say when I read your post today, it lifted my heart and made me smile. I join all the others in wanting for you what many of us have found. Can you feel the love, Homer? It's real. You could be sober and experience this every day. Good luck!

-K
Old 03-26-2007, 01:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Homer,

Glad to hear you are doing so well! Keep it up my friend!

Philip
Old 03-26-2007, 03:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Homey,

Your post made my day.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Homer your post made my Monday morning a better one!!!

You know looking back on my 40 years of drinking I can not really recall one thing improving when I drank.

I remember in my youth I would say something to the effect of either "I got F'ed up" or "I am F'ed"!

Well not only did I stay F'ed up, I made the lifes of those who loved me and depended upon me F'ed up too and they never got to feel good like I thought I was feeling good.

Good job Homer, you know you should really thing about getting into some kind of long term support group, I can tell you that AA saved my life and thanks to AA my whole family and myself are happy after many years of me F'ing things up.

My apologies for the foul language, but some times I feel it is needed.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Homer, how are you doing today? Good thoughts coming your way.

-K
Old 03-26-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Homer I wish you knew just how hard I am pulling for you. You are me about 7 months ago, the beast really had me wrapped around the axle good.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Homer, check in with us... I am approaching week 2 of being sober and it can be done !!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Homer -

How are you doing today? I haven't heard from you and am feelin' alone -

How much do you hate the "Head On" commercials?? Does the product really work?

Sorry about your dinner last night. Mine was fab - my husband cooked!!

TinLizzy