Notices

My cat's dying.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Glass Prisoner,

I am so sorry to read the news. Losing your pet is as painful as losing a loved one.

My thoughts are with you..
Old 04-18-2007, 06:19 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
High on Jesus

I know all about this. I had a cat named Roxy from the time she was born in 1991 until she died in my arms in 2004. That cat was my best friend and no matter what she never left my side. We were every were together. We bounced around from place to place and were homeless together but she always stuck with me and that is why it was so hard on me when she died.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers, k
Old 04-18-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Barb
Old 04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

(((GP)))

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 04-18-2007, 02:08 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

http://www.rainbowbridge.com

Love and hugs,
Old 04-18-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Man, GP. You know I just went through this a couple of months ago with my faithful ol' buddy Blue. It hurt so freakin bad... still does. Your post has me crying again, but I won't be popping any tops today.

Paul
Old 04-18-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
On a tear

((((GP)))) (((((Fats)))))
Old 04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

I am so sorry, I have tears in my eyes because I have felt that pain....and God loves Cats just as much as we do....I am sure Fats is running in a field in heaven, not held down by the body that was worn and tired. Possibly he is with my Oscar playing tag!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

(((GP)))

I'm so sorry ... it sounds like he went in peace, surrounded by familiar things. There's comfort in knowing that and my thoughts are with you.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
cunning. baffling. powerful.

Originally Posted by GlassPrisoner View Post
Today at work, I was thinking. *sigh* "God doesn't do cats. I mean the prayer was nice, but Gods got more important things to do then think about my cat...."
Well, if God doesn't do cats, I'll quit vet school right now. But I think He does.

I hope you don't mind but I donated $25 in Fats' name to our Pet Grief Support Line. (http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/CARE/index.html) It's there if you need it and I think you should still have my number too. You can call it anytime. I'm serious. Losing a pet is rough and there's a lot of feelings to work through when it happens.

When I lost my big brown dog Heywood I had him cremated and I made a container for his ashes to keep at home. He was an awesome friend and companion and that way, he's always with me even if I move (I saved most of them, but I scattered a small handful at his favorite dog park and when I return to Washington I'll scatter another in the Cascade Mountains where we spent so much time together). It's not a bad way to remember a special pet.

You have my deepest sympathies GP. It sounds like Fats was a great cat and a good friend. Those are the hardest ones to say goodbye to, but I'm glad he went to the Lord in peace.

-e
Old 04-18-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by St_Kurt View Post
When I lost my big brown dog Heywood I had him cremated and I made a container for his ashes to keep at home.
I didn't do the private cremation for Blue, but his vet shaved some strips of his beautiful blonde and white coat for me to keep.

Man, I'm not over this at all, not by a long shot...
Old 04-18-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Glass Prisoner I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:10 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Ha Ha, charade you are!

GP
So sorry about Fats..I am teary eyed too..I remember when my Ashley died-a pit bull puppy got a hold of her and a neighbor brought her into a local vet. She was 9 years old and the Vet told me she was in a lot of pain. She probably would not be in good shape ever. He put her down and I could not get her body for a couple of days, too traumatic. I finally did though and brought her to the woods outside of Tallahassee and buried her amidst the pines, where there were all kinds of birds for her to chase.
My Maggie will be 12 this year, she has been with me through thick and thin-she knows my moods and loves me anyway lol...what incredibly intuitive souls animals are-where would we be if our animals and children did not love us unconditionally?
I wish you peace and hope a new critter will find you when its time.
Melissa