Notices

...of mice and men. Part 2

Old 03-26-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Stone I know isolation all to well, I spent several years drinking alone in my garage, even had a table and chair out there.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I'm good relatively speaking, thank you. That pesky problem I sometimes call my husband is being a beast and I'm having a hard time with him. It seems that the more gains I make with my sobriety ,the more I see that my drinking was never the cause of our troubles. It certainly didn't help I won't deny that, but now that I'm not drinking we're still not on the same page. I know I can't change him yada yada but WTF... it almost makes me want to give up. Hmmm... maybe I'm not so good now that I think of it.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:23 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Back from rehab. It is too early to tell what I think of it but first impressions are good. It is run on a cognitive behavioural approach which is fine by me, it also provides a change in routine and forces me to meet people face to face, which is also good for me.
I feel quite positive and it is also nice and sunny!

Stone,

The first session of treatment for me was a blurr. But I too was positive when I walked out. So happy to hear of your positive attitude. The face-to-face interaction will become very comfortable as time goes on. You are on the road to recovery, not very smooth sometimes, but it always leads you to the right place.

Your Anglo Friend,
Ed
Old 03-26-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks Ed.

Hi again gypsy, sorry to hear that. Just keep concentrating on you for now and try not to let it get you down.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Gypsy I do not recall if your husband is practicing or not, but if he is 2 things I would mention:

First things first, your sobriety has to be your number one priority or all else is lost. Second Ala-non can be helpful for us alcoholics if we are dealing with another alcoholic in our lifes.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

stone, I'm so happy to get here and see an update from you.. I'm glad it went well and for me at least the sunshine always makes my day a little better.

Gypsy re the hubby troubles, I hear ya!

everyone else, hiya!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Ha Ha, charade you are!

Hi all...
Stone, glad you are positive about the rehab today-I know about isolation when I tried to think about people I could ask to supervise my visits with my son...only about two came to mind. I did most of my drinking at home alone also. I am sure many amongst us can relate to that! Glad its sunny too-doesn't that really lift your sipirits? I get wonky when its dreary-yes even in North Florida, we can go two weeks without seeing the sun and I have SAD anyway in the winter. I get a lift when the weather turns warm and I have enrgy for a change.
Gypsy-
sorry things are not going well-do you think maybe the fact that you are progressing and he's not-there may be some resentment against you-too bad for him-stay strong!
Hi Tall, Taz, Chris, TJ, Hush Carol.....

See ya-gotta hit the Therapist today-she will be sending a letter of recommendation to my Attiorney to get me unsupervised visits w/my son-yeay!!

Take care and enjoy the spring weather!
M
Old 03-26-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Wishing you the best today Bee.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Stone!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy to hear your first impression on rehab is good. Once you get to know everyone, it will be even better I bet!! I'm so happy for you

Bee, awesome news on the letter of recommendation!!!

Gypsy, sorry to hear about your troubles. I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope everything works out for the best, with or without him. YOU are #1....dont forget!
I have some probs with mine as well, but nothing I can talk about here on the board.

Happy Monday Ed, Taz, Hush, Carol, Tall, Chris, colli & all......
Old 03-26-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

hello uk people

i have dropped in to just say hello. another member said this is where the uk people chat, been struggling with alcohol 4 many years stopped 4 six months but fell off the wagon, so here i go again
Old 03-26-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

How are you doing r4m, when did you join us
Old 03-26-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR r4m, I am a yank, but alcoholism is the same in Britian or America! LOL

The Brits will be along soon I am sure, so how did you stay sober for 6 months?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hia stone, Glad to hear that today went ok for you. Sounds as if you got to grips with things pretty quick, is it a big group ?
I was absolutly nackered today, dont know if the other night finaly caught up with me or if it was hiking yesterday. Nearly fell asleep at dinner break, sitting in the sun. Looks like we have a friend from your neck of the woods join us.

inabit Stone

chris
Old 03-26-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, hi R4M I just posted on your 'hello' thread

Bad cravings after coming back from rehab! I don't know if it is talking about alcohol or what but I had them bad after the assesment too. I was actually planning on getting some vodka, I had metally given in but then I found some strength from somewhere and just rode it out. Last time the craving was this bad I did give in so today was a bit of a breakthrough for me. I am still craving a bit now as well actually but not as bad.

Hey TJ, they have made a part2 for your thread as well as I see! Good luck at the Doc's hun.

Hi chris, I was well knackered myself today. I had a bit of a kip earlier and I am about to go shopping now, fooood!
There's about 20 in the group I reckon, both sexes and all ages.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey Stone, do you realy need shopping that bad, not a good time to go while craving. Thats obviously only my opinion. Its just I used to love shopping on my own the booze isle was an aladins cave for me. Well the vodka shelf realy, i've spent many a tortured hour sitting in the supermarket car park, first fighting with myself about buying it and then sitting there in despair as to why i'd drunk it.
So please be careful

chris
Old 03-26-2007, 02:35 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi Chris, I am going to Asda and by the time I get there the booze aisle will be roped off. Don't worry mate, today is a sober day I ain't spoiling it now!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey Stone, as tj would say " you rock "
Old 03-26-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Attached Images
File Type: gif
YouRock.gif (43.7 KB, 1058 views)
Old 03-26-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Nice one Mate !
Old 03-26-2007, 05:29 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Ha Ha, charade you are!

Hi r4m
Yes this would be a UK chat room LOL-I love it though even if I am a Yank!
All you can do is try try again. I relapsed many times even after I admitted I was alcoholic. Thought I could do it myself..that was a laugh!
Anyway-this is a fun "pod" of people here-we give each other great supporT Stick around, keep reading and keep posting! Good advice here to be had.

Take care-hope its gets a little easier each day.

Stone-good to hear you resisted-its hard but you feel so much better about yourself when you do! Stay strong at the store.
I take it a "kip" is a nap? Cool-another word...I was laughing at thinking of telling you guys to "speak english"!!!
But then ...you are!!!
melissa