Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Not feeling as helpless and weak like I usually do.

Notices

Not feeling as helpless and weak like I usually do.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Talking Not feeling as helpless and weak like I usually do.

In fact I think I'm at last going to be able to make it, day 2 once again, if I can get through the urges of tonight and tomorrow then I'll freakin be on the right track. If I for some reason DO fail however, I'll be forced to take extra measures. Thanks for the support by the way, all. =) I hope you're all okay also.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 2---- Yeah--- Keep it simple____ Don't drink today or maybe this min. what ever it takes

Keep coming back!!! It really works.... Have you tried AA it has saved my life... Look in the phone there are meetings all over.. Get to 1 they will give you the tools.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gosh Paulos...I know you've been struggling around here awhile. I'm so glad you keep on keepin on. Booze will beat the living daylights out of you...and in doing so, will allow others to do the same...emotionally, physically or both. If you're not going to AA or have some other support/community to reach out to..please keep reaching out to SR. I am a firm believer that drunks helping other drunks is a formidable force.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Paulos,

It's great to see your positive attitude.

Never give up.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"...day 2 once again, if I can get through the urges of tonight and tomorrow then I'll freakin be on the right track."

You are on the right track..And you are strong and capable...more than you know...

It is a "WE" progrm..You are not doing this deal alone...

We are here for you..and we have been where you are....You are not alone..even tho at times it may feel like it
Old 03-23-2007, 03:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

You can do it, Paulos - we're here if you need us.

one day ... one hour ... one minute ... one breath at a time if necessary!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just for today Paulos! Let tomorrow look after itself. Good luck mate.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

If I for some reason DO fail however, I'll be forced to take extra measures. Thanks for the support by the way, all. =) I hope you're all okay also.
Man I wish you all the luck in the world this time, are you trying anything different this time?

You are aware that one definition of insanity is trying the exact same thing over and over again and expecting to get different results.

I am glad to see that if you don't make it this time you will try something different, I spent 10 years trying over and over again to quit drinking the exact same way, by myself and always wound up drinking again, talk about insanity!!!

I finally went to AA and not only got sober, but happy as well. if it were not for AA I would still be out there drinking or dead. I have to say that the stupidest thing I ever did in my life was to not ask for help when I needed it.