Notices

Day 2 - Tuesday

Old 03-20-2007, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 - Tuesday

Dear Forum,

Thanks for all of your kind replies. Today has been a sad one for me. I wrote a lot of e-mails yesterday to people I thought would be supportive. Seems like everyone is a little too busy with their own life.

I never have felt so alone before. Not even when I was drinking.

I am staying sober, but I don't really have any good things to offer to the group, so I'll go now.

If day 3 is better I will let you know.

Carol
Old 03-20-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Carol...
Have you considered calling your local AA
and going to a meeting?

That is where I found a
room of new
friends willing to help...

Good Luck on Day 3!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

What Carol said.

Meetings help me so much, because the people there have been through what I have been through and I really feel at home and welcome there.

Hang in there, it only gets better!

Ted
Old 03-20-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Aww, I am sorry you feel alone, we are all here for you...I am sending a big cyber hug your way, as long as you are in recovery, you are Never alone.

Cathy
Old 03-20-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yessss!! You're on a roll.

Carol has a great suggestion for staying sober.... you will find MANY supportive people at AA. They will warmly accept a call day or night. Hey, what more could you ask, right? You don't have to buy into the program, just show up and make some connections... that I KNOW will be supportive ones who know just what you are going through.

xx
Old 03-20-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Carol,
I think a lot of times non alcoholic friends just don't understand the pain, shame, and inner turmoil addicts go through. I know a lot of people(who had seen me blacked out, passed out, stumbling)just did not "get" why I stopped drinking. A really good thing about AA, and forums like this, is that you are reaching out to people who really can understand and empathize with what you are feeling. All the best you you.
Sue
Old 03-20-2007, 08:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

today is day 2 for me too. just wanted to send you a ((hug)).

i think lots of times people get all wrapped up in their own struggles and busyness in life and just don't see another person needing help or just a listening ear (i know i've done it before and not meaning to) i'm sure you have plenty to offer and congrats on staying sober when you could have used that as an excuse to drink.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sooobeee View Post
Hi Carol,
I think a lot of times non alcoholic friends just don't understand the pain, shame, and inner turmoil addicts go through. I know a lot of people(who had seen me blacked out, passed out, stumbling)just did not "get" why I stopped drinking. A really good thing about AA, and forums like this, is that you are reaching out to people who really can understand and empathize with what you are feeling. All the best you you.
Sue
What Sooobeee said is exactly the way I see it. Most people who haven't gone trough the whole alcoholism thing couldn't care less. Not because they don't like you,... they just don't understand. They can moderate so they do not understand why not drinking would be a problem.

Anyway,...you made the right choice by coming here. The next step could be AA. I hesitated at first,.... but after 1 week of "solo-sobriety" I went to AA anyway. Boy did I make the right choice! I go every thursday and for me it feels like a night out with my friends. Friends who really understand what I'm going trough!

So hang in there! It WILL get better!

So Iwanttobe1 and escape2day,...congrats on day 2 and keep up the good work. You both make me proud!

Philip
Old 03-21-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats to you both on the 2 days, I will warn you though that the 3rd and 4th days could be a real bear, for me they were and I was in detox thank God.

AA is what has kept my sober and become a far happier and better person.

Keep in mind you are not alone, you have us here at SR and AA is but a phone call away from some face to face support from people who have been in your shoes and are now sober and happy.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by Iwanttobe1 View Post
Dear Forum,

Thanks for all of your kind replies. Today has been a sad one for me. I wrote a lot of e-mails yesterday to people I thought would be supportive. Seems like everyone is a little too busy with their own life.

I never have felt so alone before. Not even when I was drinking.

I am staying sober, but I don't really have any good things to offer to the group, so I'll go now.

If day 3 is better I will let you know.

Carol
What commitments have you made today that will lead to the action you need to take?

AA meeting?

Talking to someone?

Getting out of the house and into the world?

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make."

Start spreading some joy in the lives of those around you, You'll be surprised at what comes back.