Notices

help..

Old 03-23-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Maya,.....I had plenty of time in my using life that I now can say that I was definitely an alcoholic, that I could still say that nothing bad had happened yet. We all had that span of time. Then,...it all happened. "Negative events, do not an alcoholic, us make......for we were alcoholic long before these events,...took place." That means that these consequences happen BECAUSE we are alcoholics. The consequences, themselves, dont make us alcoholic. These things not happening to you thus far, are called "Yets". It means they havent happened,....yet. They will. Why would you wait until you've lost your job? Why wait until you've lost your home or are kicked out? Why wait until you are dead broke? Why wait until you have lost all respect from others,...and for yourself? I mean,....all these things happen,...and ...THEN ...you are an alcoholic????
Old 03-23-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maya23 View Post
thank you everyone.. lots of things ring bells, such as the fact i dont have a desire 2 quit yet.. Also, nothing very bad has happened 2 me when drinking.. but im scared that soon it will.. does that make sense?
By all means, don't wait for something bad to happen.

There is one thing i can guarantee you .... something bad will definitely happen if you don't stop.