Notices

Hi all....

Old 03-18-2007, 02:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

Hi all....

Remember me? I am in big trouble with my man. Why do I do this to myself? Gosh! I wish so bad that I could be strong like the majority of you all. I would be so loved. I feel really sad tonight and my boyfriend HATES me.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey greeneyes,

Let's start with your boyfriend. He doesn't hate you,...he hates what you become when you are drunk.

As for being strong,...I'm mister weak himself. But anyone can do this. All it takes is motivation and doing whatever it takes. Posting here, going to AA and such. If you know you would be so loved when sober,... let that be a motivation! You CAN do this,... but you have to really want it for yourself.

Sometimes one of us falls of the wagon,... it happens on a regular basis. The trick is to dust yourself off and get right back on that wagon. Don't let one moment of weakness be an excuse to feel sorry for yourself again and start drinking full time again. Get back on the wagon and carry on,... one day at a time.

We are all here for you and have been where you are. Take it easy sugah'. You'll get there,... Rome wasn't built in one day you know. When it comes to not drinking,... all you have to do is not pick up that first glass.

You can do it,... most of us allready did. It's a bumpy road but its a great adventure and you will make a lot of friends here.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hello again...
I guess that you are still drinking
and he still objects.

This has been going on for 9/10 years, right?

What do you think you should do?

Blessings to both of you
Old 03-18-2007, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Believe me Green, I am not very strong at all.

I suppose it would be easy to drink again, but for me it would be the end of my life as I know it.

So strong?, no.

Just more afraid of where the booze would take me than I am of being sober right now.

Anyhow, thanks for letting us know you're still here, and I hope the best for you,

Ted
Old 03-18-2007, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Greeneyes, take action ! Don't dwell on whath has happened.... Concentrate on what are you going to do about it...

All the best..
Old 03-18-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

Thank you. I am typing through my tears.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Greeneyes, do you want to talk about it? Sometimes it helps to get things out. Please don't cry, it's not too late for you.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi greeneyes. I remember you . I'm sorry you're having a hard time with your boyfriend. Is there something more going on... can you tell us about it? You can be sad but I do hope you start feeling better.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Greeneyes

Old AA saying:

What was, was. What is, is. Make is better.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Greeneyes it is all in your hands.

Are you ready to do anything to stop drinking and stay stopped?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey greeneyes,

How are you doing today? Let us know how you feel honey.

Big hug,

Philip
Old 03-19-2007, 09:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thinking about you, Greeneyes! xx
Old 03-19-2007, 01:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

It just makes me mad because no matter what he gives me a hard time all of the time and it does nothing but makes things worse. I cannot talk to him without him always yelling at me. I feel like i can never do anything right and he always fights me tooth and nail. I am miserable enough. Why should I have to deal with this crap over and over and over again. I know I have a problem and I know that I can act like a total ass but he thinks that I do this to him on purpsoe to make his life miserable and that I am always doing little things to irritate him. He is so totally clueless. He doesn't understand so I am a horrible person. I absolutely cannot get him to understand. I choose to stay with him because I truly love this man, we have been together for 9 years and we have a lot together, I know that I would be a lot worse off without him. Even though i do get drunk I do not get into the trouble being with him that I would get into being alone. I had mentioned before that I love the lake. We sold our boat last summer. I said that I wanted to get a swimming pool months ago (cannot afford an inground). The one that I want is like $2,000 to $3,000. We have friends who have neighbors that are moving and selling theirs for $300.00. It is a great deal. He told me this morning that those pools are nothing but a piece of crap and fall apart when you take them down and that we are not having one. I was going to buy it and everything. It is not like we do not have the room for it. We live on 40 acres. It seems like I can never have anything that I want because I drink. He told me that all as I will do is lay on my air matress and drink all day long and that just is not true. I think that he just partially uses excuses like that so i cannot have anything that I want that he doesn't want. I am tired of not being able to do and have what I want. He has never been like this before. I am not a child and sometimes I feel as though he treats me like a kid to where I was bad so I cannot have a new toy. We used to have SO much fun together but the older he gets the worse he gets. I feel as though he has gotten very controlling towards me and I am not used to that. I hope that this partially makes sense. I cannot sit down and talk to him either. He will just fight me and rehash old ******** and make the environment more hostile.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That kind of stuff sounds familiar Greeneyes. Went through a divorce about 10 years ago. Worst experience of my life.

You brought up an old memory. I was about 17 or 18, sitting in a floating chair in a pool and drinking a can of miller high life on an early summer's day. "This is what it will be like to be an adult" I thought. It's going to be GREAT!!!!

So many surprises later on....