SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Physical Changes after 7 days sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/118562-physical-changes-after-7-days-sober.html)

Kit 03-17-2007 01:41 PM

Physical Changes after 7 days sober

Well, I have been sober for 7 days. I feel very good and notice some positive physical changes:

1. My eyes aren't puffy and therefore look bigger.
2. My body isn't puffy and I've lost 1 LB (even though I'm eating more).
3. I am sleeping better.
4. I have a ton of energy.

Here is the bad part - My skin is breaking out! Why? Has this happened to anybody else?

Love, Kit

Surlyredhead 03-17-2007 01:52 PM

Yes!!! My skin took longer to clear up that the rest of my body (well that and my hair). It will get better, we have put poison into every part of our bodies while using, it takes a while to get it all out, unfortunatly, the skin is an easy exit...the good news is, it will clear up and a healthy glow will replace the belmishes!!!!!

SRH

CarolD 03-17-2007 02:47 PM

I totally agree with Surlyredhead!

Time Kit...it takes time to grow and glow!

Blessings

TryingisDying 03-17-2007 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Surlyredhead (Post 1251673)
Yes!!! My skin took longer to clear up that the rest of my body (well that and my hair). It will get better, we have put poison into every part of our bodies while using, it takes a while to get it all out, unfortunatly, the skin is an easy exit...the good news is, it will clear up and a healthy glow will replace the belmishes!!!!!

SRH

Yep all those toxins leaving and your body is in a upheavel (SP) It will all settle down and just think of how much younger you will look!!

caladan 03-17-2007 02:57 PM

Hey,
Congrats on seven days!!!!
Yeah, my skin broke out too. I think it has something to do with all the toxins leaving the body, though i'm not sure. After 2 months it started to get better. Then I bought some expensive face wash just to be sure I was keeping it nice and clean. Now my skin looks great. I wouldnt worry about it too much if I were you. Keep takin care of yourself, and I'm sure your compexion will clear up.

Best Wishes,
Caladan

Kit 03-17-2007 03:09 PM

Thank Goodness! I look forward to the glow! Surlyredhead (I am a redhead too), I also have noticed my hair going down hill. I'm glad to know that this too shall improve.
Love, Kit

CarolD 03-17-2007 03:23 PM

Kit..
How about a pamper session to celebrate your week?

Manicure...Pedicure...Hair Cut.. Facial Mask
You can do these at home or professionally

Either way...You will feel great!

barb dwyer 03-17-2007 11:15 PM

I ran into another bartender I used to work with tonight at a convenience store before getting here to work ... we were very good friends for a long time - haven't seen him in almost a year - he took ONE look at me and said - 'OMG - you're SOBER!'

*preening*

I let him go on about it for a little bit ... <g> ... then got 'modest'. It was good to know, though.

LOL

barb dwyer 03-18-2007 12:17 AM

CR -

please, please, puh - LEEZE tell me you don't 'combover' ! LOL

barb dwyer 03-18-2007 12:59 AM

:yikes:

Hush007 03-18-2007 04:36 AM

I have much more energy now and I do sleep better! When I look in the mirror I don't feel like crying anymore. :omfg:

FlashNDazzle 08-26-2011 09:16 AM

No Rest on Day 7

Great job...wait until DAy 20...you wont believe the change!!

CarolD 08-26-2011 09:27 AM

FlashNDazzle.....:wavey:....Welcome to our recovery community

Good to know you are here and seeing improvements too..:yup:

HuskyPup 08-26-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kit (Post 1251666)
Well, I have been sober for 7 days. I feel very good and notice some positive physical changes:

1. My eyes aren't puffy and therefore look bigger.
2. My body isn't puffy and I've lost 1 LB (even though I'm eating more).
3. I am sleeping better.
4. I have a ton of energy.

Here is the bad part - My skin is breaking out! Why? Has this happened to anybody else?

Love, Kit

Hi Kit, glad you noticed all the positive chnages! It's been 36 days sober, here, and I also noted I have lost several pounds, my face is younger looking, my eyes have more of a sparkle, my energy levels are way up, and I have less depressed, but perhaps more anxious. Sleep has been improved, overall, though some nights are hard, I have had insomnia since maybe I was 12, so this has been a lie-long issue, here, decades before I even drank!

As for the breaking out: Does it look like a rash? If so, it might be stress related. If alcohol was a way to relieve stress, taking this way might have triggered a nervous reaction. I have had a few rashes where a dermatologist has pointed to anxiety as the key factor. Also, it might be unrelated...perhaps an allergic reaction to a soap/detergent. I would have it looked at if it does not clear up, these days, dermatologists seem to really be able to help, or at least the few times I went, freaking out that I had the bubonic plague...they gave me ointments, and a short course (10 days) of anti-anxiety meds, and it really seemed to help.

Well, welcome, and hope you enjoy feeling better and better,

H. Pup

Englishrose70 08-26-2011 10:05 AM

Kit my skin has been awful, 6 weeks in now and I think I am finally turning a corner. It was not easy to take as I had always had good skin with no break outs when I was drinking! Weird!

I accept this is all part of the detox and so its a good thing. However, when I was drinking I also had puffy eyes, dry eyes and had started to notice a yellow tinge to my skin beneath my eyes. All of that has gone, woo hoo, and my eyes look bigger and much brighter and forgive my modesty but they look pretty when I make them up now.

I no longer have to use icepacks in the morning to reduce puffiness and I no longer have to take a pint of water to bed everynight for when I woke up with a raging thirst.

I can put up with a few temporary spots! :c011:

CarolD 08-26-2011 10:35 AM

hi everyone....:wavey:

This thread was started in 07....I don't want y'all to be disappointed if Kitt
does not reply. She was here a few months ago and trying to get back on track.of course we all wish only the best for Kitt and all our members.

Sig97 12-07-2013 06:00 AM

7 days sober

So happy I made it to 7 days !!!
I feel great , I can look at evey one in the eyes now.
Especely my kids!! I wake up In the morning firs thing in my head:
Good for you girl you made it! Lets go now thru another 24 hr
I wait for the meetings , I love how much now things I have Learned
About alcohol in the past 7 days. At the meetings I can't say yet HI
MY NAME... And I am an .... Can't say it , I am so Embarrassed.
Ok thanks you everyone I keep reading everything u guys are saying
And I wish you so much luck!!::thanks:

lindacampbell58 02-19-2018 12:48 PM

Sober for seven but I have this headache

I've been sober for seven days have a headache and crave sweets cam somebody tell me something on this thank you.