Notices

Weekend check in, now it's your turn

Old 03-17-2007, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Weekend check in, now it's your turn

Things are getting a little nutty over on my other thread so I thought I'd start a new one for my weekend check in.

I'm doing well, had a bit of a test yesterday. Out for dinner at my fav English pub (or is that Irish). Normally it's at least a few pints there but nope, I ordered diet coke, it was so yummy I came home and had another one even. I woke up having slept too long again but no hangover, feeling groovy!!

We got snow again last night, if this was a weekday I wouldn't have had to go to work.. oh well. I have errands to run today plus I get to hopefully pick up my new CABLE PVR box, which I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT!!! Now I can watch TV when "I" want to sans commercials.

How's everyone else doing? Check in please, if you're doing good, bad or otherwise we wanna hear from you.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Hi Tal,

Doin good here, still got a cold tho.

Happy St Paddy's Day!

Glad you werent tempted!

Ted
Old 03-17-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lurker

hey Tal,
I am doing great!! The comunity league B-ball team I have been coaching is going to play in the championship game today. We are playing a very very good team, who like to play very rough. so we will need a lot of devine intervention. I have been trying to teach these kids (10,11,12) the right way to play so I hope my HP will smile on us today. Any way glad to be clean and sober. Life is good not hung over.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hmm... a 'virgin' check-in thread just ready for us all to start going insane in lol.
Well done on the coke Tally, hope your cold goes soon Groucho and good luck with the game lost!
Old 03-17-2007, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Checking in...Morning everyone.

Talluleh... you're really doing well. I'm glad you got to go out for dinner and made it home in one sober piece. So besides the diet Coke... what did you eat? Details, details.

Ted.... take care of that cold. Is it letting up at all? Maybe give the doc a call if it's not. Vitamin C, chicken soup loaded with garlic, ginger tea with lemon and honey + a pinch of cayenne... all good things.

Lostboy... good luck on the game. I'm rooting for you !!!

Myself? I'm good today. According to the sobertime calc I have 123 sober days today. Nothing exciting planned... we had snow yesterday and the roads are still icy. Maybe the family and I will run out and go shopping. My little gypsies love Target lol. Then I'll probably hit 5pm Mass with my oldest daughter.

Be well today everyone... and remember... no craziness .

edit: stone is checking in as a virgin??? Too late, the insanity has begun .
Old 03-17-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ted, Happy St. Paddy's day to you too!!! Listen to gypsy, she's got the mom info for ya re your cold.

lost, good luck with the game, bring us the news when you get home.

stone, good to see ya.. ;-)

gypsy, details on the food.. well everything is good at this pub. My stepson had a club sandwich that looked devine, hubby went for corn beef and cabbage, daughter in law had pasta and I had a Maple Apple Chicken and Brie sandwich. I could go back and eat that many times over, it was SOOOO good but somehow I doubt that's real "English" or "Irish" food. And ahem ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THREE DAYS SOBER!! What an accomplishment! We had snow as well, but hubby has plowed me out so I get to go start errands.. well soon, still reading here.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

gypsy, just caught your edit, what are we gonna do with you!! I need to buy a plastic cover for my monitor!!

If anyone sees Golfman make sure his digestive issues are resolved before we let him in here..
Old 03-17-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
not a greeter

OK... OK... I'll be good .
Old 03-17-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

But you are best when you are bad gypsy! :

Oh no I am doing it now!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am here, going to a meeting at 3pm....

Have a great sober day everyone !
Old 03-17-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi TG! Good for you mate!
Old 03-17-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning tall & all!! Hey that rhymed! hehe!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

lost - thanks for the coaching and the service it gives ...hwat a great thing to read!

tal - good JOB on the diet coke!

stone - I heard some rumor about a virgin???

tg - so very glad to read about yer meeting!

gypsy - lol

I'm sitting here, watching the drunks pour in from uptown - we've got a big bowl of Alka-Seltzer on the desk - HALF these people think they're CONDOMS !!!!

cunning and baffling ... LOL

tj - nice rhyme time!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Having a rough night because it's St. Patrick's Day and people I know are out drinking so it is kind of making me crave alcohol but I am going to be glad that I didn't drink when tomorrow rolls around. Whoa, that's a long sentence.
Too tired to edit, lol.

I've been drinking tons of Diet Dr. Pepper- at least that won't give me a hangover, haha!!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hope4-
I tried to read that sentence out loud, and it almost ran me outa breath.
close call!

and good job for sober!
Old 03-18-2007, 03:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey people,

I'm ok. My wife and I had to go to a dinner with friends yesterday evening. It was very nice. I didn't have a single drop of booze! It did take me 10 minutes or so to convince my friends I stopped drinkinh though! They thought I was kidding. But they were very nice about it and didn't try to pull me back in. So - just like the wedding last monday - my wife and I were the only ones not drinking. Champagne, white wine and passoa,...those guys drank it all! We had great fun though! When we went back home I could drive wich is nice cuz I really love driving at night. Driving slowly, enjoying the peacefullness of the night and listening to Mazzy star on the car stereo. Heaven my friends,... heaven.

As for the rest of you (beautiful) people. Have a great remainder of a weekend!

Tally,... you've done great sugah'! Proud of you!

Groucho, take care of that cold and get well soon. Atleast yer sober!

Lostmdboy, how did that game go? You are doing a great job!

Stone,...euh,...congrats on your virginity!

Gypsy, day 124 is here today! Congrats girl! Very proud of you!

Torontoguy28, how did the meeting go? Is your girl still mad at you? Hang in there bro!

TJ,...you are a true poet! Héhéh.

Barb, is that bowl of Alka-seltzer empty yet?

Hope4life, how did the rest of the night go? Did you OD on Dr. Pepper?
Old 03-18-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Checking in today .

Another alcohol free day... yes... it feels good to be counting days instead of blackouts.

Today is my littlest gypsy's birthday. He's 7 ! We don't have anything big planned as he's having his party next weekend @ the movies with his friends. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie opens and he has to see it. Help me lol! I do have to make cupcakes to send to school for him and we'll probably go out shopping and spoil him.

Does it sound like none of this has to do with recovery? Well... it does. Keeping busy, doing family things, doing nothing at times, being silly... is all part of recovery. As long as I'm not drinking I have a life eh?

I'm glad to read that everyone made it through their weekend sober so far... especially those of you that have been out and possibly tempted by others. Way to go .

* Tall... that sandwich combo sounds so good. I don't know where to get one around here so I may have to fiddle around and concoct one here at home.

** Waiting to see if our stone has kept his virtue intact overnight lol!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Harumph! Checking in for a sober sunday!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Lurker

Well we lost the game. The boys played hard, and never gave up. They gave it a hard fight, but the other team was REALLY good. They went undefeated fo the season. We ended up 12-3 which is really good. Any way they took it kinda hard, but I am sure they will realize in a few days how well they really did. Any way I went to a great speaker meeting last night. the guy was so funny. Had us all roling in the isles. Have a great sober day.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Mornin' folks!! Good to see everyone. Hard weekend for us all, it being St. Paddy's and all. I avoided the garage yet AGAIN, the party starts on Fridays and ends sometime late on Sunday night. Hubby is on holiday this week which means drinking for him everyday. Even when I was drinking I never could drink everyday. I remember over Christmas I would always say I couldn't wait for the holidays to be over so I could stop drinking so much so there was even a limit for this girl.

So today it's playing with my PVR, cleaning (ugh) and cooking. And of course, reading here.