Notices

Roar

Old 03-11-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Alcoholics don't like to drink alone
Huh? That is one of the sure fire signs, I drank alone all the time for years, I drank driving, in the garage, doing yard work, heck in the end I actually drank while hunting alone! I loved it when someone was around to drink with, but 90% of my drinking was alone.

I will concur whole heartedly though that for most folks in early recovery the last thing they need is to be around folks drinking, especially if they are sticking it in your hand.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
outtahere

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Huh? That is one of the sure fire signs, I drank alone all the time for years, I drank driving, in the garage, doing yard work, heck in the end I actually drank while hunting alone! I loved it when someone was around to drink with, but 90% of my drinking was alone.

I will concur whole heartedly though that for most folks in early recovery the last thing they need is to be around folks drinking, especially if they are sticking it in your hand.

There you said it! Quote: I loved it when someone was around to drink with

See you didn't like to drink alone.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I did not mind to drink alone. I would just sit behind my television or computer and drink my a** off. But maybe most alcoholics prefer some company.

Hey,... I liked drinking alone,...does that make me kinda special?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Normal people do not drink alone except maybe one drink on rare occasions. Go check out the test at NIH used to determine if one is an alcoholic or not, one of them is drinking alone.

When I was drinking I did not care if I was alone or not, the only reason I liked some one else around was it made it seem to me that drinking was normal.

Hey,... I liked drinking alone,...does that make me kinda special?
If I am special for that then you and millions of other alcoholics that drink alone are special to!!! LOL Of course we all know we are special!!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I didn't like to drink around others because I knew sooner or later, I would make a complete jerk out of myself.

The happy go lucky drunk would turn into a raging lunatic, or a poor me drunk, or a sexy drunk, oh man it goes on and on.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Hi, im ok. had a rough day at work.. it sucked. had to change shift and god i miss my old co-workers. i will try to change back. oh and im looking for a new appartment, without my roomie. i should live alone. He has too much booze around the house (and i cant let go of my vodka...) and i found out he has let me pay all the bills without splitting it up like we said we would. Talked to my mom and dad and they will help me with the money for a new appartment so im more positive about it now

Im glad i helped some of you by sharing

Oh and taz, if i have rode a horse? I could ride a horse before i could walk :P And ive lost count on how many times ive fallen off.
youre right i shouldnt be so negative just cause i slipped a bit. Im back on that horse!!

hugs
//minnie
Old 03-12-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

And about drinking alone.. I loved having people to drink with. I used to wake up with regrets (last 6 months was aweful i threw up from the regrets and not the alcohol in the morning).. but just had another drink. I did drink alone but i drank even more with friends. When i and my friends meet, it involves alcohol.
I lived alone from 16, it was always a party at my place :P
Old 03-12-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Missminime View Post
Im glad i helped some of you by sharing

youre right i shouldnt be so negative just cause i slipped a bit. Im back on that horse!!

hugs
//minnie

The horse won't buck you if you hold the reins just right. Happy to hear you're still riding with us.

BTW, you've come a long way since coming to SR. Helping others is what helps us.

Love ya,
Ed
Old 03-12-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
outtahere

To whom it may concern: Your missing my point.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leeside View Post
Alcoholics don't like to drink alone
Alcoholics dont like to drink alone because they can SEE that they are in misery. Misery loves company.

"here ya go, have a drink! That will make me feel better and make me think that I am NOT in misery, because you drink too!"
Old 03-12-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Bittersweet

Maybe were all diffrent?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey Miss,
I truly hope that you are off the "self condemnation" bit...achieves nothing really, whereas new hope and resolve just might. Geepers, I hate booze...what it has done to us and what it has done to love of ourselves and others. We seem to have this big ole insatiable hole within ourselves that creates these waves of almost unendurable pain. I can only speak for myself, I've come to realize I have an incredibly low pain/frustration threshold. Life is hard and we are all in this struggling together identifying with our difficulties and weaknesses and pain. You are not alone Miss. You are supported in this Universe - you need only ask and open yourself to receive. Don't turn and hide yourself away in your pain. Open the curtains and let the sunshine in. You are not alone.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face

Hi minni, heres your horse, hop

back on, hugs, hope3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2485452311[1].jpg (5.0 KB, 949 views)
Old 03-12-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Just get back on the horse Minnie!

How about your next 'roar' is a true lion's roar of pride for staying sober... just for today!!!!!

I agree with those who said not to beat yourself up. You will never see alcohol the same way again now that you know what you know.

AA and working the steps helped me a lot. Now, just around 15 months sober, when I think of my old favorite wine, I usually feel sick to my stomach and start to gag. I credit AA and the steps and the Higher Power of my own understanding. Amen, Right On, Shalom, Salaam, Namaste!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Minnie, I was wondering where you had got to! I missed ya!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Don't worry about it! 69 days is great you should be getter better physically at least. I identify with the, "well @@@ it, I screwed up anyways." I felt like I had to reach lower and lower bottoms.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Minnie

It's really good to have you around. If stopping drinking was easy we wouldn't need each other the way we do. I know you're coming to this as a young woman. If I could offer any advice, it would be this. Do some research into alcoholism. Study it as both a physical condition, and as a psychological and personality issue. Then act upon your research.

For alcoholics, booze is a life or death issue, not a lifestyle choice. Understanding our relationship with alcohol is critical to our survival. But it usually takes us a lot of suffering to get to the point of acknowledging our condition, and acting accordingly. I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I read someone like you, who is coming here with an embryonic problem - I'm almost willing them - "Get it! Get the comprehension!". But as we all know, only one person can decide if you are an alcoholic - and that's you.

Have a good day today
Old 03-13-2007, 01:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Missie,

I just wanted to say I miss you and love you heaps. I hope you will be able to post on this board today. xxxxx
Old 03-13-2007, 01:16 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you were strong enough to stop and come here and post about it. Now that it's old news, just keep looking forward. Keep your eyes open for any pitfalls in your way and come here to chat whenever you want.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

So missminime,

How are you today? By the way,... I would tell my roommate to give me the money he owes my. If you split bills, you splitt them.

Big kiss,

Philip