Notices

What is going ON?!?!

Old 03-07-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

For some reason, I can't post individual thanks, but so you all know... you truly helped me stay sober. From my whole heart, I can't thank you all enough.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

The thanks button is broken...so

Emily...Thanks for checkin in!

Forward we go
Old 03-07-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah, the Thanks button is broken. But Emimily, you helped keep us sober too!

Thank You.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Good deal Emilily, we were here for you as well as your AA folks there, I have only had my buttocks catch on fire one time so far and my AA network saved the day for me. The way SR has been up and down lately I sure would not want my butt to catch on fire and have SR down and no one to call on, thank God for AA.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

No joke, thank God for AA. I would have no way of making it to work if I didn't have AA... truthfully, I would've called in sick and just laid in bed feeling miserable and pathetic. Wallowing in self-pity was my stong suit, y'know? But now, it's like... gotta go to work, gotta go to a meeting, gotta talk to some kids, gotta go to my bro's baby shower this weekend, gotta hang out with friends and be a living, breathing member of society, no matter how hard. Gratitude? Yeah. I got some of that, especially for you folks.

It's funny, when I was out even my closest friends wouldn't reach out when I was upset... in the rooms, I get people I barely know offering numbers, advice, prayers... I'm blessed to have found recovery. So blessed. Thank you.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by Emimily View Post
No joke, thank God for AA. I would have no way of making it to work if I didn't have AA... truthfully, I would've called in sick and just laid in bed feeling miserable and pathetic. Wallowing in self-pity was my stong suit, y'know? But now, it's like... gotta go to work, gotta go to a meeting, gotta talk to some kids, gotta go to my bro's baby shower this weekend, gotta hang out with friends and be a living, breathing member of society, no matter how hard. Gratitude? Yeah. I got some of that, especially for you folks.

It's funny, when I was out even my closest friends wouldn't reach out when I was upset... in the rooms, I get people I barely know offering numbers, advice, prayers... I'm blessed to have found recovery. So blessed. Thank you.

Emimily,

Now you sound like the girl whose picture I see on your public profile. You're smiling on the inside like you're smiling in your picture. It's such a blessing for me to see someone who is honest enough with themselves, and bold enough to share with others what your feelings are. We all need to rant and rave sometimes. The beauty of it is what comes afterward. The feeling of peace, serenity, and hope.

You have blessed me by showing me a living example of how the program works.

Yours in sobriety,
ED
Old 03-07-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hon reading that post choked me up, you to have found what I have found in AA, people who understand me, love me, and are willing to go more then that extra mile if I need them just like I would do for them.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
'55 Classic

That's great, Hon! I cannot tell you the number of times the folks in the rooms of recovery and this board has pulled my fanny out of a crack. Keep coming back and sharing. One other thing, pass it on!

Hugs,
Sheryl
Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

You got it, Sheryl. I be passing it on big time, sister...

Ohh, much much love, fam. I had a sponsor tell me that sobriety is matching calamity with serenity. I feel like that's happening today. Taz, you're too much... that you relate that much with my experience warms my heart big time. We might not've drank together, but we can surely get sober together.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

We might not've drank together, but we can surely get sober together.
Hon (I like that you are southern because I know you are used to being called hon) I am glad we didn't drink together, the majority of "friends" I drank with were not really friends, they were just like me, they were there because there was some drinking to be done and it was better to have others around justifying what I/we were doing!

I am glad we have met now and can have a real friendship in our walk together in sobriety!