Notices

My alcoholism hasn't even been LONG and...

Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thumbs up My alcoholism hasn't even been LONG and...

My alcoholism has only existed since like August of 2005, and in 2006 I begun major binge drinking, and in late 2006 I begun binge drinking every night, you think I qualify for the cloudy brain? You also notice I keep saying the same crap of what I'm worrying about? It feels like I have DIMENTIA even though I've had an MRI which showed no brain damage.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Kindly forgive me if I stray from the topic, but...

Watching some of your posts, you seem eager to "quantify" your alcohol use. I don't understand how that information might be instructive.

I am not trying to belittle your concern for your health, but it seems that the primary order of our business here is to get sober, stay sober, and hopefully help each other along that road.

If there are medical effects from your drinking, you'll have to deal with it being sober. Surely nobody here is qualified to judge whether or not you are a medical candidate for "cloudy brain" or dimentia.

Sorry if that offends, no offence was intended.

Earl
Old 03-06-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Paulos until you really get sober which takes time what is going on in your head and body will do nothing but get worse as long as you continue to relapse. You need to sit down and really think about "Do I really want to get sober? Am I willing to do anything to get and stay sober?" until you can answer yes to both of those questions things will continue to get worse for you, they did for me.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You need a brain de saturation.

That means quitting drinking for a minimum of 3 months.
That is about how long it took me to think clearly.

JMO
Old 03-06-2007, 08:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ummm...you're repeating yourself Paulos. Oh, and you're repeating yourself Paulos. Anyway, you're repeating youself.

Good friends of mine say to me now, "Dude, you were always repeating yourself....you'd come over, see a tool box, and ask me when I bought it. Then. you'd come over the next week, and ask me about the toolbox."

Comes with the territory my friend.

Take Carols suggestion, get off teh juice for 90 days. You'll notice a difference.

I did.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GlassPrisoner View Post
Ummm...you're repeating yourself Paulos. Oh, and you're repeating yourself Paulos. Anyway, you're repeating youself.

Good friends of mine say to me now, "Dude, you were always repeating yourself....you'd come over, see a tool box, and ask me when I bought it. Then. you'd come over the next week, and ask me about the toolbox."

Sorry....but that made me chuckle, GlassPrisoner. My self-repetition got so bad that I used to scrawl (drunken) notes to myself about what I did or did not discuss with someone. Worse would be the "deja vu" feelings I would have when I got together with a drinking friend or two to chat. Think we had the same conversations over and over and over and over?

I'm shaking my head at myelf right now...I cannot believe I thought that was a sustainable way to live!

Earl
Old 03-07-2007, 02:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by UncleEarl View Post
My self-repetition got so bad that I used to scrawl (drunken) notes to myself about what I did or did not discuss with someone. Worse would be the "deja vu" feelings I would have when I got together with a drinking friend or two to chat. Think we had the same conversations over and over and over and over?

I'm shaking my head at myelf right now...I cannot believe I thought that was a sustainable way to live!
That's sad and funny at the same time,... but a lot of us have been right there!
Old 03-07-2007, 04:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Repeating things and not making a whole lot of sense? Repeating myself and saying things that were confusing?Saying the same things in different ways and being confused about what I said?

Oh yea I do recall that a little bit.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smile

Oh, I am so there with you all - I am rather weary of saying "I remember when..etc" having only made the decision to join the ranks of the sober on Monday 5th March 2007. My worst was waking up every morning and trying to work out how offensive I had been the night before by the mood my partner was in or having to give in to my kids because I could not recall the discussion "but you said yes last night mommy"
Old 03-07-2007, 04:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by APPELLET1 View Post
My worst was waking up every morning and trying to work out how offensive I had been the night before by the mood my partner was in or having to give in to my kids because I could not recall the discussion "but you said yes last night mommy"
Appellet1, that is me all over. I would wake up and attempt to piece together the night before and not know what was going on. I had to sometimes gauge it by who would or would not come back to our house or wait to see how long it would take a friend to call me. I fear I have alienated many people with my mouth.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Uh...

Regarding to everyone about a big mouth, I have a big mouth either way as long as I get my point across, and regarding to those who assisted me in this post... thanks, I think.