Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

What I'd really like to know is how you are doing.

Notices

Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

I've been so caught up with my job, sobreity, and life it seems I haven't had time to catch my breath long enough to ask, "How are my peeps?"

How are you guys/gals?
Good, bad, and ugly appreciated and welcomed.

PR
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Hangin' on for dear life on this roller coaster called sobriety (yet once again). Today is day 3 for me where alcohol is concerned. I'm going on a business trip today--about 6 am>going to Austin. I'm taking a member of AA with me. Maybe together we'll be ok.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Doing fine PR. Thanks for asking
Old 03-01-2007, 10:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just over a month of sobriety and getting better everyday. Thanks for asking
Old 03-01-2007, 10:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Purple Reign. I am doing better today. I am day 11. My day 10 was horrible.

One thing good that I am starting to notice is how I have more time for other people. I am more interested in them. I am not talking to them thinking about how I would rather be somewhere else getting drunk! And I have lost a lot of my judgement too. All the little stuff doesn't matter so much if you feel like you are fighting for life.

How are you doing?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

Thanks for checking in you crazies you!

It just brings me so much joy to see how you are doing - what a great feeling to think outside of the box I called myself for once!

Dub,
I'm hangin' in. Not great, not terrible - just hangin' for now. Thank YOU for asking.

PR
Old 03-02-2007, 12:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 26 and thinking of beer! I planned to do four- six weeks sober and I'm so close, but it's a friday night and I'm bored and struggling.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Jen,

Day 26. Wow. That is so awesome. But I don't quite understand. Why would you stop? I couldn't imagine deciding to start again after all that good work. The thought of having to go through detox again is like a nightmare to me.

I have never been on this board before but I was alone on the other one so I came over here for some company. I don't know you so I don't know what I a talking about. Why did you decide to stop for a limited time? Just trying to understand. I hope you don't mind.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi PR, my first weekend coming up. Bit nervous but determined at this very moment. How are you this morning, are you even awake yet??
Old 03-02-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Thanks for asking PR, I am doing very well, a bit sore due to moving some real heavy furniture before the painter comes today. Had an excellent meeting Wednesday night, did some service work yesterday, and then read of another person here this mornig finding what I found in the rooms of AA, I am doing great.

dubz I am with you, why in the world go through the hell of detox planning on drinking again 30 days later?

Glad to hear others are doing well and for those not doing well, hang in there, every day sober in a row the better things get.

The hardest thing for someone who is new to sobreity to beleive is when someone says "Hang in there, it gets better." At a week I did not think it would get better and it did, the same went for 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 120 days, & even 150 days!!! A couple of old timers have told me I will probably still being seeing improvements as I pass the one year mark, this I find hard to beleive.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wink

Well Tall,

We're alone on this thread. I can't believe it. I know you're nervous about the weekend. But I urge you to keep in mind the BIG picture. Remember why you came to this site to begin with. the awful feelings that you had, the nasty hangovers, etc. I promise as time goes on this process will get easier. Early sobriety can really suck sometimes when you seem to be caught between a rock and a hard place. "It's the weekend, I know I'd like to drink but I can't." The fact is that for me, it felt like a void in my life that I didn't know how to fill. I was scared of just being bored to death. I always felt like the more time I had on my hands, the more dangerous the situation could become. The fact was that when left by myself, I wasn't a good babysitter.

It would be a wonderful idea if you would consider AA. I know it may not be your thing just yet, but I know many people who couldn't make it through a weekend without it.

I'll be thinking about you. Remember, you're very valuable to us here and we'd sure like to have you around for the next say, 30 or 40 years. Give yourself a chance. The only thing you have to lose by drinking again is yourself. When faced with that possibility, I know you'd rather stay sober.

Hug,
Ed
Old 03-02-2007, 05:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ed, you're awesome! Has anyone told you that today? I got a link for meetings and looked at the list but can't seem to find anything that is close to me so I'll have to drive but I drive plenty of places and this shouldn't stop me. I thought there would be alot more meetings around here considering the amount of drinking that goes on in this little town.

As for this weekend, I keep thinking the same things, I do NOT want to wake up hungover tomorrow and I do NOT want to wake up wondering and worrying about what I said or did . If my urge takes over I'll definitely get my butt on here.

How are you doing today?
Old 03-02-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Talluleh, it's a big day/evening for you today, huh? I will be thinking of you and no doubt I'll be around to chat later, as I find Fridays the hardest day of all.
I reckon not wanting to wake up with a hangover tomorrow is a great thing to try & remember tonight (& tomorrow). I've had 7 Saturdays back now and I can actually do stuff; it's brilliant! I've been trying to thnk of cool stuff to do on the Saturday to remind myself that without a drink I can enjoy my time how I like. All the best. May catch you later xx
Old 03-02-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Lurker

Life is good. One day at a time!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hmm...I'm a bit tired, have some stress about a few work-related issues, getting over a cold-from-hell, having a bit of anxiety over the amount of cigarettes I smoke, feeling some disappointment about a lie a "friend" recently told me...

But....I feal GREAT! I'm sober: no hangover, no guilt, no shame. My thoughts are clear, my emotions real, my relative physical well-being intact.

I hope everyone will have a swell day (it's barely 7 a.m. here)! I intend to!

Earl
Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Me?
Sober...Serene..Smiling

Old 03-02-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Been alittle more than 6 weeks for me! As long as I can keep the stress down to a dull roar, life is good. A few occasions I have romanced the thought, but I keep on thinking of how far I have come and that keeps me from slipping. Feel so much better now!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
dum vita est spes est

I'm glad to hear you are all doing well and at the very least are sober.

UncleE,
You summed it up for me - dealing with a lot of broken pieces right now (from alcohol) but I'm trying to stay positive and sober. Today is a tougher one for me.

PR
Old 03-02-2007, 09:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

PR - can we help?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Folks I will not be on this weekend hardly at all, I will have you all in my prayers, just keep it simple, do not worry about tomorrow, just live in today, all you have to do is make the commitment that you will not drink today. The really good stuff comes as you maintain your sobriety.