Notices

First Meeting

Old 02-26-2007, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

First Meeting

Ok. I'm up, and I'm getting on with my day. I've prayed this morning for strength to get through my pain about my relationship ending, and my regret for the things I have done that made that happen, and I have a feeling I'll be praying for that all day.

Anyway, I have a question.

I was planning on going to my first AA meeting tonight. Of course, there is sooo much snow here right now, I'm hoping that it isn't canceled. Also, A told me she would go with me, I need someone to help actually get through those doors. It was important for me to have her there, but well, I don't think I can actually see her without being upset. And I think that would take away from the meeting.

How do I get the courage to walk through those doors alone?

PS...6 days sober. Been friggin hell, but I've done it!

Karen
Old 02-26-2007, 04:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is what to wxpect in AA meetings

http://www.bma-wellness.com/papers/F...A_Meeting.html

Ask another firend to go
or call your local AA and ask that ssomeone meet you.

Well done on your sober time!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Carol suggested exactly what I would suggest, call your local AA hotline, heck they can even have someone come and pick you up and take you to the meeting. If you go with a friend or alone, show up early and make time to stay a little after the meeting, this will allow you some time to possibly talk to some folks.

Keep in mind that you are no longer alone in this battle, you have SR and AA in your corner, get some phone numbers while you are at the meeting, with AA I can tell you that if you need to talk to someone about how you are feeling that has been where you are at right now they are there for you, 24X7.

Good luck Karen and remember you do not have to say a word if you do not want to, if they ask you to share just say "No thanks, tonight I am just listening" or "I'll Pass". There is no pressure.... well actually for me there was, I put it all on myself! LOL