Notices

Thank you for all of kind replies

Old 02-25-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Thank you for all of kind replies

I am still feeling very sad and depressed. But I thank you for the kindness you have shown me here.

All of my support resources seem to be gone now. I hurt and I don't really know who to talk to.

I drink to numb my pain. I know it's wrong but right now it is the only thing I can think of right now.

Carol
Old 02-25-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Carol, talk to me. Talk to us. Drink for now if you want. Just remember we have all been were you are. Please just keep talking. You can work on stopping tomorow if you like.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

You haven't lost ALL your support resources, you still have us. We're here to help any way we can. You're life can be so much different if you'll just step out the way and let God do it for you. The problem with us is that we feel we're the only ones that can fix ourselves. We feel unworthy, out-of-place, all alone, and frightened. We've relied on our thinking for so long and since it hasn't worked out, we're scared that we can't do anything about it.

Changing your life only requires that you try. It doen't require that you be perfect. When you see a child taking her first steps, she falls down. But she gets up and tries again. Sometimes she needs a little help from Mom and Dad. Eventually though, she's walking on her own. Oh, she still relies on Mom and Dad to be there. In fact, every so often she'll look back to make sure that they're still there.

It's the same thing here Carol. You need a little help in getting up on your feet. You only need to be honest, open, and willing to begin. If you reach out for help, you'll be amazed at how many people will be glad to assist. Come on now, put out your hand and let God help you. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

ED

Old 02-25-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Carol...
stay with us for support.
We do care what is happening in your life.

Your last post scared the hell out of us

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...s-tonight.html

Look how many responded and know we are here
ready to listten

Hugs and Prayers
Old 02-25-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Carol,

Keep posting and reading here and you will feel all the support that flows from SR. We do care.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Carol,

I've been here a few years, and been where you are, I've recently gotten myself some good solid sobriety in today. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I posted in here feeling so sad, it really hurts seeing you feel the same way. Please keep talking to us, let us know how you're doing, let us HELP, you're not alone sweetie.

Tons of hugs packed with love, you have to feel it coming from all of us.

You're recovering friend...Denise