Notices

New here, but not new to revovery

Old 04-21-2003, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile New here, but not new to revovery

Hi all, my name is mark and it is my first time here, I found this site by accident (well it seamed like an accedent but I am sure i was ment to find it) It is realy cool here, I am around a while in recovery now about 15 months sober, but I was in and out for many years before getting here, I live each day as it comes now, and I realy beleve that is what keeps me clean and sober, I am in recovery from alcohol, drugs, over eating and o.c.d, I also suffer from deppression. I use a fellowship (AA) i beleve I can work trough all my dependencies with one 12 step program, I also attened a day program from time to time and I am starting to train as a drug and alcohol worker, I also sit on the board of directors of the alcohol service that helped get me sober, it's the biggest in the UK,

just thought I would make my first post about how life is now, and that is good, beond my wildest dreams. and geting better all the time I even apprechate the bad days, lol, coz I know thay dont last!!!
Old 04-21-2003, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Mark! Welcome to the community!

It sounds like you've really hit the ground running (so to speak). I've been sober for a couple years and just starting to get involved in service work. It seems you're already involved.

God bless you and good luck in your recovery.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Hi mark and welcome. Btw I appreciate the Star Trek avatar

I've just been sober for a week but am serious. I, too, am dual diagnosis....... depression, GAD, PTSD, and various other initials after my name.

I'm nowhere near (!!!) as far along as you but I want to welcome you to Sober Recovery.

Moot Point
Old 04-21-2003, 02:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

mark1974uk

Welcome to the SR boards, its good to see you here, I look forward to getting to know you better, service work is very good for the soul.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Mark,welcome to the forum.We look forward to hearing a lot more from you in the future.

Peter.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank-you all for the warm welcome, I do hope to stick around for a long time to come, :skippy: :skippy: