Notices

back.....again

Old 02-24-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back.....again

It has been months since i have actually been able to drink. I get one chance to stay strong and i blew it big time. I went to celebrate with some co-workers at the house of one of the senior staff members who trained us. I brought some guiness and my friend brought some patron. There were 17 of us and and our families there. We started with beer, then the patron got opened, everyone was taking shots. Then a bottle of another kind of tequila gets passed around, everyone is taking shots. Next thing i know i am completely hammered. We left to go to a club to continue celebrating (yea we had designated drivers) and that was it. I don't remember much after getting to the club, but there i was again this morning checking my phone to see who i had called (luckily just one person), making sure i had everything i left with (lost my debit card), and checking online to see how much i spent ($50 on god knows what). I don't know moderation when i drink, i am a gulper and my glass is always full. I need some serious help......
Old 02-24-2007, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by amd24 View Post
It has been months since i have actually been able to drink. I get one chance to stay strong and i blew it big time. I went to celebrate with some co-workers at the house of one of the senior staff members who trained us. I brought some guiness and my friend brought some patron. There were 17 of us and and our families there. We started with beer, then the patron got opened, everyone was taking shots. Then a bottle of another kind of tequila gets passed around, everyone is taking shots. Next thing i know i am completely hammered. We left to go to a club to continue celebrating (yea we had designated drivers) and that was it. I don't remember much after getting to the club, but there i was again this morning checking my phone to see who i had called (luckily just one person), making sure i had everything i left with (lost my debit card), and checking online to see how much i spent ($50 on god knows what). I don't know moderation when i drink, i am a gulper and my glass is always full. I need some serious help......
amd24,

Yes you do need some serious help. You'll get it when you're serious about staying sober. You know that this disease just sits there waiting for the right moment to grab you by the short hairs and toss you around. On so many occasions I told myself I wasn't going to drink and within a few hours there I was, drunk again. You say it has been months since you're been able to drink. Were you sick? were you going to AA? were you waiting for a good excuse? Whatever it was, it kicked your ass. Now what? Just saying you need serious help won't get you anywhere. What can we do for you that will help you get on the road to real recovery?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

As this is a duplicate post
this thread is now closed.

Please reply here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ack-again.html

Thank You