Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Just Goes To Show Ya'(me) Alcohol.meds & And Work

Notices

Just Goes To Show Ya'(me) Alcohol.meds & And Work

Old 02-24-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KJJ

Cool Just Goes To Show Ya'(me) Alcohol.meds & And Work

I thought I could get a job and work. And I did get the job. And I didn't go to work. This is my 2nd attempt this year to do this. Have a stiff one in the morning and go on the interview, get the job and then don't go to work.

I went to the doctor and got my anti-depressant medication, Lexapro, and even though still drinking I feel alot better as far as depression. He knows I drink, said I need to quit, and still prescribed my medication. He said even thoughI drink a pint of vodka throught the day, some of the Lexapro will pull me up. And it has. Not that I would recomend this though.

I just don't think I'm ready to work.
SPIRITUAL SELF THEN COMES

Sobriety
/ Family \
/ \
/ Job \
/ \
/ Hobbies \
/ ETC \

Except just working on quitting drinking. My ex has been coming around the last few weeks and it does seem it interferes with my sobriety, whether I've just had a few hours or a day. The last time I was truly sober, my life was centered around AA, 90 in 90 , and it worked.

Thinking about going to buy a new piano book. Five for Fighting, Jack Jackson , or Coldplay..

Love in unity, KJJ

Last edited by KJJ; 02-24-2007 at 09:30 AM. Reason: sp
Old 02-24-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wink

"I went to the doctor and got my anti-depressant medication, Lexapro, and even though still drinking I feel alot better as far as depression. He knows I drink, said I need to quit, and still prescribed my medication. He said even thoughI drink a pint of vodka throught the day, some of the Lexapro will pull me up. And it has. Not that I would recomend this though."

"Except just working on quitting drinking. My ex has been coming around the last few weeks and it does seem it interferes with my sobriety, whether I've just had a few hours or a day. The last time I was truly sober, my life was centered around AA, 90 in 90 , and it worked."

KJJ,

Greetings!!! I suffer from depression, always have. I didn't know it though until I stopped drinking. I take two meds to sleep and Effexsor for the depression. You say the last time you were sober your life revolved around AA. What's changed? I know, you stopped going to meetings, working the program, then just said f**k it, right? probably because some event occured that upset you in some way.

You sound like a person who has drinking on the brain and AA in your heart. Combining these two is pretty nasty from what I hear. Someone told me early in my sobriety that once you've experienced AA, your drinking will never be the same, never be as fun as it used to be. I've not experienced that personally, but I know folks who have.

IMHO, stay away from your EX. Pick yourself up and walk back to AA. Find a good sponsor if you don't already have one. Share your feelings and thoughts with your sponsor and here with us. You know there's hope, you've seen it. Now just go out and grab some for yourself.

Ed
Old 02-24-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He said even thoughI drink a pint of vodka throught the day,
And you're even questioning why you're depressed and don't want to work ?

You put spiritual at the top of your list. When I was drinking, there was absolutely no conscious contact with God. That I would think is your problem

Go back to AA.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

My long term depression is why I began AA.
At 2/3 months sober it fled and has not returned.
I needed no meds as mine was situational depression.

Obviously..this is not true for everyone
I know many sober alcoholics who use anti depressents.

My point it this...
Take whatever you need to stay healthy
but if you are drinking..how can you get
a correct diagnosis?

Blessings
Old 02-25-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well,...I do have to agree with you,....if you are still drinking, you will lose your job anyways. If you have the means, and can manage for a while,....I'd forgoe the job hunt and work on getting sober. But,...REALLY work on it,...not tell yourself you are and thats why you arent working,...all the while sipping on a pint of vodka. Dont fool yourself into thinking not working is helping you if you arent really trying to get sober. I'd would use this free time to enter yourself into an in-patient treatment center and hit AA meetings hard immediately after. Attack this thing. Use this time against it. Also,...I cant imagine what kind of doctor would prescribe depression meds to someone who is admittedly drinking a pint of vodka a day if not more.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Early gives good advice.

After I lost my job, I dedicated almost every available minute to working my AA program.

113 Days later, I feel much better. It weorks, it really does.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KJJ

Wink

I want to live with out this rope around my neck, just waiting for the chair beneath me to break. I've wanted to quit again, but "half measures availed us nothing" and that's what I've been doing. So once again, I'm trying. AA does work for me. I'll go to a meeting this evening for sure. Going to look in the directory and find a meeting. And go. KJJ