Notices

Drugs, Alcohol, Where U Live, There's MOre

Old 02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KJJ

Drugs, Alcohol, Where U Live, There's MOre

It's around me, letting others use my phone and staying to smoke a liitle weed or crack while they are here. Yelling outside is mostly at night. It's hard to say"You can't use my phone" And trying to make an excuse when I won' t let anyone use the phone. ONTO recovery , hell or high water, sick me, but i can be pulled into other drugs to relieve my alcoholic misery, and I didn't do any. Alcohol is enough of a battle. I wish I could say"DON'T KNOCK on MY DOOR...politely,,,I want my sober/drug free people around and I haven't made alot of effort to avoid my crack,alcohol,crank people I know

kjj feeling surrounded, know i need to get out of this apartment, i fall to eaisily back into old times
Old 02-06-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

know i need to get out of this apartment,
Wow! I agree! Sounds very dangerous all the way around.

Hugs
Old 02-06-2007, 09:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

KJJ-
Welcome to SR.

I feel for you, and I hope you can improve your situation. Try to stay strong. You may need to make boundaries with some of these people. Have you considered AA and/or NA?
chip
Old 02-06-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I know where you're coming from. I understand. Yes, moving ASAP is the answer.

Stay strong, hon.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Normally geographical relocation is not the answer to getting sober, but brother from what you have described moving would help quite a bit. Not sure of your over all situation in regards to your apartment, but if I were you I would be trying to find a way out of where you are living now.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Until you can relocate to a new residence, there's no law that says you *have* to open your door when someone's knocking on it. It's your right and perogative to ignore it. Trust me, your so-called friends will move on to their next party place.

But I concur with the others -- do your best to remove yourself from that situation. It's far too dangerous for you.

Good luck.

Kats
Old 02-07-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep, moving sounds like a pretty sound idea to me. I am doing same because there are simply way too many triggers in my home (and my reasons for coming to where I am were all about the thinking in active alcoholism). Although big changes are discouraged in early sobriety, I think that each case must be weighed individually. When someone advised me against moving...my alcoholic and egotistical thought was "fine then!"...howsabout I start drinking and then quit again and join AA when I get there????

It is recommended that booze be removed from one's environment when we get sober - if the booze/drugs can't be removed, I don't think there is anything wrong with removing the self.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Nuudawn I totally concur, ones first priority should be their sobriety, and if there is something interfering with it that one controls they should either remove it or them selfs.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Changing one's environemnt and peer group helps if possible. Last night an old drinking buddy called me and invited me to drink. I politely declined and told him that I was sober. He was shocked he says the armageddon is upon us since I refused to go out and drink

Well I told him get used to it. Either accept me as your sober friend or we should see each orther less or for the time being.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
From the daily meditation book 24 Hours A Day:

Nobody entirely escapes temptation. You must expect it and be ready for it when it comes. None of us is entirely safe. You must try to keep your defenses up by daily thought and prayer. That is why we have these daily meditations. You must be able to recognize temptation when it comes. The first step toward conquering temptation always is to see it clearly as temptation and not to harbor it in your mind. Dissociate yourself from it, put it out of your mind as soon as it appears. Do not think of excuses for yielding to it. Turn at once to the Higher Power for help.

KJJ, I was at the grocery store last night and walked down the liquor aisle in search of coconut milk. Even that short amount of time was enough for me.
Remove yourself from the situation, or remove the triggers. Freakin' coconut milk wasn't there anyway. It was in the Asian food section;-) Ha!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Whew...glad I'm Canadian..no booze in grocery stores here.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Move!!!! once I removed myself from the environment of addicts I felt I now had a chance for recovery. Peer pressure exists!! Put a "no phone,no exceptions" sign on your door until you can get the hell out of there. Good luck and stay strong and sober.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I can't be around anyone drinking or using right now, because I KNOW I can't say no.

never could. never did.

I know I've got another relapse in me, but I also know I DON"T have another recovery. This is it for me. This is literally my last chance.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
I know I've got another relapse in me, but I also know I DON"T have another recovery. This is it for me. This is literally my last chance.
Barb, there are some days when those thoughts are the only things I have to keep me sober. The obsession has been lifted, but it's for today only.