Notices

Out of the detox woods?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, I'm beginning to think my dog has just developed severe gastrointestinal difficulties. Maybe *that's* what I'm smelling!!

Thanks everyone, for all your words of wisdom. It's near bed-time on the third day and I'm doing fine. Felt a little dizzy earlier, but that's probably because I decided to double up my blood pressure medication (I take a very small dose, anyway), just for a few days in case my blood pressure was to spike. I'm going to go back to my normal dosage tomorrow. I'm good and out of the woods, I think. I know some of you have mentioned that you've had detox symptoms weeks and even months after quitting -- well, that's awful and I can only hope it doesn't happen to me. I've never had withdrawal symptoms until the last time I dropped my intake drastically and had nightmares and nightsweats. I really do think I'm out of the woods. Now -- staying where I'm at, that's another story. I'm high on my success, but I know that that only lasts so long. AA is not for me (been there, done that), so I'll find another way.

Thanks everyone!

Kathy
Old 02-08-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Today

Kats, I cannot say I am on day 3. But I can say I am on day 3 of tapering off. Monday I had about 10 oz of wine (instead of a gallon or more), Tues was about 8 oz, Wed was a normal glass and today is nothing, none.

Monday night, weird dreams, but OK sleep, Tuesday night, sweats, bad sleep. Wednesday night, sweats, fitful sleep, upset stomach. Right now it is about 9:30pm and I am wide a wake.

However, every morning, I felt great not having all that alcohol in my system. Even without good sleep, I have had a ton more energy.

Good luck, sounds like we are in a similar boat. Lisa (over 40)
Old 02-08-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Laroblo --

Good for you! Like you, despite disturbed sleep, I've done better during the day. I also have fibromyalgia and I have just triggered a flare. I think the change in my body chemistry has triggered it -- so today, despite a really good night of sleep, I have felt achy and fatigued. Still -- I felt great, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

You managed to taper, which many people can't do. Congrats! If you can, tonight... maybe take a hot bath... lay down with a good book... maybe some soothing music... anything to calm you. It might help you get to sleep.

Kats (over 40, too)
Old 02-09-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Today

Kats, Glad to see you are still going strong.

I had a better nights sleep last night. I am waking up with so much energy, I am wearing myself out. I am totally exhausted this evening!! And that is great. I am not sh**t faced need to go the bed; just honest to goodness tired. What a great feeling!!!

I got your PM - and I sent you one back - thanks. We need to keep in touch.

Tomorrow is another day - Hooray!!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good for you, Laroblo! You sound like you're on the right road. I slept so well last night that I *overslept* and my kid was late to school this morning! My bad! I have to say that the sleep thing is the BEST.

I did get your PM, and I'll respond to you tomorrow. I'm so glad that you're feeling well today. Keep reminding yourself of the feeling when you wake up -- not hungover and feeling energized. It's an amazing feeling, isn't it??

Take care,

Kats