Notices

Help, please

Old 02-06-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Kati for your own good and his as well please read what these other folks who have been there and done that are saying, these folks are not talking out thier butt, they have lived the nightmare and now stand in the sun light.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i would like to add to my above post, that i have come to love these people in aa and al-anon. they saved my very life. i can relate to both sides of the fence, although i am not an alcoholic. i had my addiction, also. i was addicted to my husbands alcoholism. does that make sense?

i was hell-bent for leather to save his very soul and life. i felt that important. like i knew the road map to sobriety and living happily ever after.

THOSE people are now amongst my best friends, and we love each other. unfortunatley, my husband is still out there, lost. i pray for him and all others still lost to alcoholism everynight in my prayers.

god bless us all, for we all have walked together on this path.......whether we are the alcoholic or the loved ones of the alcoholic.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Kati-

I just went to my first AA meeting a week ago. I was scared and did not have a preconcieved notion of what to expect.

What I found was a room full of strangers, from all walks of life. All had been where I am, and most are in a far better place than I.

Those "strangers" are willing to take my hand and show me the path to a better life. What more could I ask for??
Old 02-06-2007, 03:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

May you find the life you evision Katie.

We can not do anything more for you.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

kati....how bout skipping on over to the friends and family of alcoholics....we have been through this and will be there to support you.

what i am trying to say to you in my previous posts is this....it is more than ok to love your guy and want to help him. it's important that you help yourself, too. very important. it will be the most helpful tool you will have in his quest for sobriety.

love to you
jeri
Old 02-06-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

We can do lots for you over at Friends and Family, I think you'll find lots of wisdom and support there. Welcome. Hope you'll not be discouraged and join us.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

And...there is a link to the F&F Forum
on post #10.

Last edited by CarolD; 02-06-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Smile

Thanks so much everyone for all your advice and support. My sweetie has checked into the rehab clinic and I know he will do well there. I hate the fact that he's in another state, but I know that this is what's best for him. We'll take it one day at a time.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kati0308 View Post
His issue with AA was simply that it was nothing more than a bunch of people sitting around chain smoking and telling everyone how miserable their lives are.I know my sweetie, he is the type of person that benefits more from one on one counseling than from group sessions. He will be going into an inpatient rehab and once he is through that, we will find something that he (and I) can attend together that will assist him with life on the outside. His Mom and I are committed to helping him help himself. We know we have a long road ahead of us. I know it won't be easy and he will more than likely stumble along the way. He's human. He's also not alone.
Boy, you sound like you have all the answers to how he is gonna get sober.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kati0308 View Post
His issue with AA was simply that it was nothing more than a bunch of people sitting around chain smoking and telling everyone how miserable their lives are.I know my sweetie, he is the type of person that benefits more from one on one counseling than from group sessions. He will be going into an inpatient rehab and once he is through that, we will find something that he (and I) can attend together that will assist him with life on the outside. His Mom and I are committed to helping him help himself. We know we have a long road ahead of us. I know it won't be easy and he will more than likely stumble along the way. He's human. He's also not alone.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

People do the best they can, we learn as we go and knowledge is power. Anyone who had all the answers wouldn't come here asking for help.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Katie you are always welcome back here if you have questions.

The friends and family forum mentioned before is great.